Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone getting redirected from Google when trying to search?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone getting redirected from Google when trying to search?

started happening out of nowhere. I type in what I want to search, hit the search button, and it redirects me to generic web searches for random ****.

Yes! its been happening to me but only on my HP and not on my Mac

Im thinking its a virus of some sort or something

Comment

Yeah, it happens to me. It's annoying. Gotta click it and close it like 2-3 times before it takes me to the actual page I want.

Comment

its a virus, it happened me twice, i cant remember how i got rid of it but it wasnt that difficult.

The annoying thing is i always use google to search for solutions to viruses so i had to borrow a laptop to sort it out.

btw if u use a different search engine it should work once or twice, but then the same thing will happen woth that too.

Comment

Not having this problem at all. Searching fine....

Comment

No problem here........LOL!

Comment

If you have anti-virus on your PC then you should be fine.

Comment

Okay what you guys need to do is do a system restore to a date when it was good and see if that works.

Also download a malware remover such as :

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyte...-10804572.html

Use Firefox, with ad block or pop up blocker by searching for it in add on's, and you won't get any trouble.

Check your home page also. Make sure it is Google or whatever.

Comment

It's from this site, the pop up gives something.

Comment

Originally posted by ElderlyBeater View Post
                    Okay what you guys need to do is do a system restore to a date when it was good and see if that works.

Also download a malware remover such as :

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyte...-10804572.html

Use Firefox, with ad block or pop up blocker by searching for it in add on's, and you won't get any trouble.

Check your home page also. Make sure it is Google or whatever.
                    this virus hides itself for a while (a few days from what i can remember) before it starts ****ing with your searches.

So if he does go down the system restore date he'll have to go back a few days further than he realises, which means losing more data.

I fixed this without doing a system restore though, so it cant be that hard to do as im useless with computers.

edit - oh yeah, ****ing with your search results is just the beginning, it starts affecting other things after a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X