No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: GGG-Stevens? Yes, Please: Review, Ratings Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: GGG-Stevens? Yes, Please: Review, Ratings Update

There is nothing better than a puncher’s duel.

A nice one might have been born on Saturday night.

As Curtis Stevens left Saul Roman stretched across the ring floor, social media was aflame with wonder about a fight with rising Middleweight titan Gennady Golovkin. Then Stevens went and called Golovkin out.

Check please and sign us up.

The one question lingering about Golovkin is what happens when he takes a monster shot. The best man to ask that question is fellow titlist Peter Quillin but politics impede that match. The next best puncher available might be Stevens and only caution about moving the resurgent New Yorker could hold up a showdown. [Click Here To Read More]

Stevens is a joke, an absolute joke. He called out GGG, gets offered $300k and then turns it down. I'm not sure when Stevens became legit but last i checked a win over Roman who has now been knocked out 7 times isn't impressive!! I don't care if the KO comes in the 12th or the 1st, it means nothing.

If and when Stevens grows a pair and steps in the ring with GGG, he is going to get KTFO within 2 rounds.

As for Peter Quillin, Golden Boy won't match him up with GGG.. EVER.
    Last edited by Adamjr91; 08-11-2013, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
      Stevens is a joke, an absolute joke. He called out GGG, gets offered $300k and then turns it down. I'm not sure when Stevens became legit but last i checked a win over Roman who has now been knocked out 7 times isn't impressive!! I don't care if the KO comes in the 12th or the 1st, it means nothing.

If and when Stevens grows a pair and steps in the ring with GGG, he is going to get KTFO within 2 rounds.

As for Peter Quillin, Golden Boy won't match him up with GGG.. EVER.
      A KO against a scared Matthew Macklin is as impressive as wet paint. Macklin is an over rated C- fighter. So lets get off GGG ball sac and hope the fight goes through, and 300k ant **** after taxes, paying manager, sparing and trainer fees. Curtis would be lucky to take home 75-90 k after all is said and done.

Comment

Stevens wants to increase his earning potential. When has that become a crime. If the amount is not right, knock off a few more heads and it will come. Since you think he's a joke i know where he trains. Why dont you go visit him there and tell him that. Punk ass invisible tough "guy"

Comment

Originally posted by g-wane View Post
          A KO against a scared Matthew Macklin is as impressive as wet paint. Macklin is an over rated C- fighter. So lets get off GGG ball sac and hope the fight goes through, and 300k ant **** after taxes, paying manager, sparing and trainer fees. Curtis would be lucky to take home 75-90 k after all is said and done.
          Wouldn't Golovkin be taking home the same?

In saying that, I understand why all these fighters are turning down Golovkin. A fight against Gennady is likely going to be worth a whole lot more this time next year.

Comment

No, Macklin is a proved conteneder who beat Strum and gave the best (officially at leat) MW in the world hell. It's Stevenson who just KO an c rated fighter. I don't even know why he suddenly became a legit conteneder, I want GGG to fight Geale/Barker winner not this bum. And who the **** is he to turn down 300k anyway?

Comment

Well Macklin knocked down Martinez and beat Strum in everybody's opinion expect the German judges (no surprise there) calling him a c level fighter is pretty stupid. So for GGG to dismantle him they way he did is pretty impressive and why would Stevens not want to fight for a world title and the most money he would ever make he ain't gonna make 300k fighting anybody else.

Comment

Macklin started forward n tuff,when he felt GGG's power then he stepped back. Stevens got caught in a exchange with roman, imagine a GGG punch.rosier won't take the GGG fight

Comment

Well then imagine how much he's been taking home after his other fights.... that's still more

Comment

Here go the GG fans prematurely bragging about another duck, lmao. You're guy is what 31 now?

Comment

Working...
                    X