No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Drops WBC Belt: Chavez, Roach Cowards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Drops WBC Belt: Chavez, Roach Cowards

Sergio Martinez held a press conference in Argentina to announce that he's vacating the WBC Diamond title. Martinez expresed his anger over the WBC failure to honor their promise of a mandatory fight with their full middleweight champion, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. At the recent WBC convention at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, the organization ordered Chavez to defend the title against Martinez by the end of March.

[Click Here To Read More]

i thought he would.

Comment

he should move up and fight BUTE to prove he's not a coward.

Comment

The WBC's image has been dragged through the mud in recent times, not that it hasn't already been in the past.

Comment

He said he's also leaving HBO.

Comment

Good for martinez, he's been getting dicked around by the WBC for a long time. The Ring belt is the true belt anyways. Now focus on guys like Pirog.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              He said he's also leaving HBO.
              "I'm always open to dialogue." - Sergio Martinez

Comment

good, drop that bullsh.it belt. i knew the BC wasnt gonna make Jr fight sergio and risk losing those big sanctioning fees that Jr. brings in. sergio is the LINEAL/ring champ anyway. and i hope rubio beats Jr's ass

Comment

Martinez shouldn't fight for the WBC ever again.

Comment

He said he's relationship with the WBO is also broken. He said the WBC continued to support him while the WBO ****ed him over. But this is a business so he's not ruling out working with them again.

Comment

Working...
                    X