Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peterson-Matthysse, Alexander-Brook Could Head To A.C.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Peterson-Matthysse, Alexander-Brook Could Head To A.C.

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer advised BoxingScene.com that his planned doubleheader for May 18th is slowly coming together. As part of the card, Lamont Peterson (31-1-1, 16KOs) would defend his IBF crown against the very dangerous Lucas Matthysse (33-2, 31KOs) of Argentina.

And the other half of the puzzle would see the rescheduled welterweight collision between IBF champion Devon Alexander (24-1, 13KOs) and undefeated mandatory challenger Kell Brook (29-0, 19KOs). The Alexander-Brook has already been postponed twice due to injuries. Brook injured his ankle and withdrew from a planned January 19th date, and then Alexander hurt his right bicep and pulled out from the rescheduled date of February 23rd. [Click Here To Read More]

If it does, I'M THERE!!

Comment

IF Matthysse beats Peterson (which i believe he will) this would also put him on a very similar fight schedule to Garcia (3 weeks apart) and that would remove the last barrier to making that fight happen. The Garcia Judah postponement could work in everyones favor

Great card!

Comment

If I have money, I might head down there

Comment

I'm stuck between this and the Donaire - Rigo fight was gonna go with this if it was in DC but now it looks like ill be on my couch for both unless I can get a room and everything at a good price in AC that weekend

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
            I'm stuck between this and the Donaire - Rigo fight was gonna go with this if it was in DC but now it looks like ill be on my couch for both unless I can get a room and everything at a good price in AC that weekend
            You should try hooking up with a stranger on here for cheaper room, lol

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              You should try hooking up with a stranger on here for cheaper room, lol
              lol hopefully i can get my girl to go half on the room or something. At this point I'd rather go to NYC and see the Donaire fight but the seating for that is just kinda awkward to me plus the fact tickets are on sale now and money is the issue

Comment

Oh I am down for this no matter which place the fight is.

Comment

Damn., GBP is making it happen!

Comment

Please NO..... Bring it to DC

Comment

Working...
                    X