No announcement yet.

Bob Foster said him and Ali sparred as amateur's andf he knocked Ali out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Foster said him and Ali sparred as amateur's andf he knocked Ali out

Bob said you could of counted to 20 and ali would not of made it up. Your thoughts on this? foster did have freakis punching power, and in the early days ali didnt have the chin he went on to show late in his career
    Last edited by Joey Giardello; 01-08-2011, 04:15 PM.

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
    Bob said you could of counted to 20 and ali would not of made it up. Your thoughts on this? foster did have freakis punching power, and in the early days ali didnt have the chin he went on to show late in his career
    Another possibility, but something I again have never heard about.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Another possibility, but something I again have never heard about.
      foster said it in a interview, the foster interview is out there some were

Comment

I knocked out Floyd in sparring. He had a gun, too and I still wrecked his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
          Never heard it and would have to see a link to even comment on it. I do that know that Ali was a teen age light heavyweight in the amateurs and Foster was four years older.

This is one of the best and most complete interviews I've ever seen with Foster that I saved from a few years ago. He never mentioned anything about that so I have my doubts.

http://www.newmexicoboxing.com/histo...bobfoster.html

Comment

I also have never heard of this. I think Foster exaggerates a little. In the Ali Life and Times book by Hauser, he says he "busted Ali up" on their fight, though he was dropped 7 times and Ali toyed with him throughout.

Comment

Ali was well known for taking punishment from sparring partners.. I think it was his way of storing up the aggression for when it mattered and it wouldn't suprise me in the least if he allowed Foster to tee off on him.. But as for KOing him, i think that just maybe, the same kind of story from a very 'tall' fighter..

Comment

Well... I'll believe it when I see it!

Comment

load of rubbish... Ali only had to clip Foster around the ear for Foster to hit the deck when they fought... Foster lost everytime he ever fought a Heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                    load of rubbish... Ali only had to clip Foster around the ear for Foster to hit the deck when they fought... Foster lost everytime he ever fought a Heavyweight
                    Supposedly as LHW ams though, I'm reluctant to believe it but its still not fully unbelieveable.

Comment

Working...
                    X