No announcement yet.

Is it worth it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it?

someone educate me im 18 (profile says different I think) im not very wise currently im working part time as a costumed waver for liberty tax services had to resign from my other job as a market researcher due to relocation...

now previously I applied to this walmart I went in we had a interview they made me sign papers im guessing for employment... told me I put something wrong in my application for me to go home and change it online... I went and did that called back they told me the position was filled already......(idk if this affects the situation but at the time I didn't have a g.e.d but I finally got it months later)

now months later being today I applied online for the heck of it being that my current job is part time I wanna be one step ahead of things so I applied online today they called me 3 hours later they said they want me to go to an interview tomorrow...

my question.. now is do u think its worth it? do you think once I go there going to be like oh its that same guy? I just don't wanna waste my time....

(sorry I have to ask on here don't really have much ppl to ask there opinion on about this)

Originally posted by nm2tx32 View Post
    someone educate me im 18 (profile says different I think) im not very wise currently im working part time as a costumed waver for liberty tax services had to resign from my other job as a market researcher due to relocation...

now previously I applied to this walmart I went in we had a interview they made me sign papers im guessing for employment... told me I put something wrong in my application for me to go home and change it online... I went and did that called back they told me the position was filled already......(idk if this affects the situation but at the time I didn't have a g.e.d but I finally got it months later)

now months later being today I applied online for the heck of it being that my current job is part time I wanna be one step ahead of things so I applied online today they called me 3 hours later they said they want me to go to an interview tomorrow...

my question.. now is do u think its worth it? do you think once I go there going to be like oh its that same guy? I just don't wanna waste my time....

(sorry I have to ask on here don't really have much ppl to ask there opinion on about this)
    I'd go if I were you. An interview won't be a waste of time because even if you don't do well, you become more polished at interviewing and it might lead to better interviews at other higher paying jobs.

And you might get the job this time.

Win-win.

Comment

Wal Mart >>> Tax services. I'd personally get rid of the Income tax so all your colleagues would be out of this unproductive job that does nothing but steal from citizens.

So yes...it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by One_Capitalist View Post
        Wal Mart >>> Tax services. I'd personally get rid of the Income tax so all your colleagues would be out of this unproductive job that does nothing but steal from citizens.

So yes...it's worth it.
        ^ this it is unproductive but hey it pays $$ even if its very little...

well thanks for ur input this is pretty much / of thread just wanted an opinion or 2

thank u guys

Comment

Originally posted by nm2tx32 View Post

serious question (I respect every job out there)

I always see them around this time, how much you guys get paid?
          I always wonder

Comment

and to answer your question

don't ever think you're wasting your time when it comes to a job interview a lot of positive things could come out of that

Comment

yeah just go and try to be better than before. Employers change their mind sometimes it happens.

don't worry about the g.e.d, you have it now, just worry about how much better you're gonna do in the interview than before.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

you already have a job anyway. you got nothing to lose by going and possibly getting what you wanted.

Comment

in one of my interviews, I was scheduled wrong and I stayed there waiting for hours until I realized they skip me and they had already chosen. The waiting room for everyone is the same place the interviewees were waiting and there was a lot of people.

the nurse interviewing me apologized and said she had to talk to the supervisor. They talked about whether to just give me the interview or if it was too late because they already picked and called the girl(they were in a hurry to fill the spot). They decided to give me the interview anyway and I did really well.3 days later I got the call that they were gonna take a gamble with me and give me the position instead(I had zero experience except for clinics in an experience heavy field)

if you work hard enough for something you can get it.

also I have 2 misdemeanors (which I spoke about and explained in my interview)

Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-21-2013, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                    serious question (I respect every job out there)

I always see them around this time, how much you guys get paid?
                    I always wonder
                    I get 8.25$ an hour...but that's only because I been showing up on time according to her (boss) when you first start you just get 7.25$ though

and thank you every one for ur input I went this morning they told me I got to come again tomorrow for the 2nd part of the interview? so one could only keep hope and a positive attitude

Comment

Working...
                    X