No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Saleta Working Hard For Andrew Golota Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Saleta Working Hard For Andrew Golota Bout

Former European champion Przemyslaw Saleta (43-7, 21 KOs) is training hard for his scheduled fight with four-time heavyweight world title challenger Andrew Golota (41-8-1, 33 KOs). The two boxers recently went face to face at an official press conference at the Marriott Hotel in Warsaw, Poland - where the fighters announced their showdown on February 23rd at Ergo Arena in Gdansk. The fight is going to be a retirement match for both, and the card will be televised in Poland on “Polsat" via pay-per-view system.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That's quite a scar on his left midsection. Is this guy a bodybuilder or a boxer.

Comment

I guess there will be no olympic testing prior to this fight..Wach and this dude ate from the same jar ...

Comment

Originally posted by papillon82 View Post
        That's quite a scar on his left midsection. Is this guy a bodybuilder or a boxer.
        they cut a kidney out of him and transplantated it to his daughter. guy has only 1 kidney now lol.

Comment

I no longer think 45 is too old for a heavyweight to get in the ring (especially after seeing what Foreman did at his age), but I don’t think Golota should be among them. This is bad for boxing. Besides, I never really forgave him for the 2 disqualification losses in a row for low-blowing Riddick Bowe back in ’96. I have no doubt that the riot in the arena after the first bout is what began taking the sport downhill. A lot of fans stopped watching.

Comment

Who the hell cares about Golata???? He hasn't been relevant in what 15 years??? And even then he had toxic meltdowns.

Comment

Agree with GAR1680.....

...Andrew is now borderline tragic and the Polish boxing authorities should take the lead by revoking his licence.

It simply is not right to have a guy like Andrew who is closer to 50 than 40 and with a long history of unpredictable and unstable behaviour behind him to be making a living in the ring.

Saleta is little more than a good-ish club fighter but he's fit, clearly very strong and will be able to punch hard enough to damage someone badly.

This is the kind of fight we could all do without and makes even a die-hard fan like me turn away in disgust.

Comment

Originally posted by GAR1680-Boxing View Post
                I never really forgave him for the 2 disqualification losses in a row for low-blowing Riddick Bowe back in ’96. I have no doubt that the riot in the arena after the first bout is what began taking the sport downhill. A lot of fans stopped watching.
                You couldn't be more wrong. In fact more people STARTED watching as a result of those riots!

Comment

Originally posted by GAR1680-Boxing View Post
                  I no longer think 45 is too old for a heavyweight to get in the ring (especially after seeing what Foreman did at his age), but I don’t think Golota should be among them. This is bad for boxing. Besides, I never really forgave him for the 2 disqualification losses in a row for low-blowing Riddick Bowe back in ’96. I have no doubt that the riot in the arena after the first bout is what began taking the sport downhill. A lot of fans stopped watching.
                  been watching boxing since 88(14 years old)& i disagree as i noticed more people paying attention to the sport when you had guys like golota, tyson, holyfield, etc. in the 90s everyone fought each other, there was only 3 world titles(already too many at that point)& there wasn't so many protected fighters. i think the start of sport going downhill was when MMA started taking off & boxing in america started to nosedive. the econony & the lack of good heavyweights in america has not helped either. when the HW division goes in america so does boxing. i know so many people who had no idea who andrew golota was but wanted to see him after those 2 bowe fights because you never knew what was going to happen when he stepped in the ring. any 6'8 athlete in america is not looking at a boxing career, they are looking for either football or basketball. in america boxing is behind football, basketball, baseball, MMA & some places behind soccer & hockey too...boxing is still alive & well in europe but in canada & the US it's dying.

Comment

Originally posted by papillon82 View Post
                    looks like a topheavy bodybuilder to me. most BB have crazy legs, as you need the base to continue to put weight up top.

guy looks like a club fighter to me.

and i have no idea about that scar. it is huge, though.

at least this guy is in decent shape. he probably doesn't eat junk food all year, the way solis, arreola, mccline, etc have looked.

Comment

Working...
                    X