No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Burns vs. Broner, Rees, Katsidis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Burns vs. Broner, Rees, Katsidis

The US fight fraternity – desperate for a fresh hero to follow as Floyd Mayweather winds down his career – are already hailing smack-talking WBC lightweight king Adrien Broner as the saviour of the sport.

I'll politely reserve judgement until I've seen a little more of the gregarious showman who bills himself as 'The Problem'. Broner certainly has a colourful story. He first laced up at the age of seven and honed his craft in almost 300 amateur bouts. However, his 2008 Olympic aspirations were scuppered when he served a year on remand, accused of robbery and assault. He was again arrested in 2010 for 'purse snatching' but those charges were dropped. Already a father of five at just 23, he has boldly tweeted live sex sessions! [Click Here To Read More]

its obvious this rees broner fight is nothing more then a way to promote burns broner end of story thats all there is to it. broner is trying to get people from britain and were ever else to hate him so that the burns fight will be bigger

Comment

Burns might not even beat Miguel Vasquez so let's not put the cart before the horse.

Comment

I love it how Fwan says "at 32, rees best days are long behind him" next sentence "At 29, Ricky Burns is in the prime of his life"

**** sakes

Comment

Disgraceful stuff about Jon Rendall. As FW well knows, he did not handle Sweet C "briefly" but guided that great boxing talent throughout his entire pro career, cleverly and carefully taking him through every level to become World Champion. If Warren won't even have the good grace to give shrewd Rendall credit for that fact then what else is inaccurate in Warren's recollection?

As Warren knows, the only opponent that could ever beat Colin McMillan was a dislocated shoulder. In that state even FW might have had a chance against him.

Comment

Working...
          X