No announcement yet.

what breathing techniques do you use to stay calm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what breathing techniques do you use to stay calm

what tactics do you use to not panic when getting hit with a good shot and shakin up. i heard some boxers say they clinch and breath deep and relax but whats the best tactic? also what breathing techniques take away anxiety namely butterflys? i get so excited i get tense before i spar and this drains me how can i kill the excitement?

Originally posted by DJ QUIK View Post
    what tactics do you use to not panic when getting hit with a good shot and shakin up. i heard some boxers say they clinch and breath deep and relax but whats the best tactic? also what breathing techniques take away anxiety namely butterflys? i get so excited i get tense before i spar and this drains me how can i kill the excitement?
    I use to get the butterflies before a match, then a guy from my gym told me not to think about it. And if that dont work then just keep telling yourself that you are gonna murder this dude. It helps for me.

Comment

1. Inhale.
      2. Exhale.

Repeat ALWAYS repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu Jerzey Devil View Post
        1. Inhale.
        2. Exhale.

Repeat ALWAYS repeat.
        I do as previously mentioned: Forget it. Shrug it off. If you get hung up on getting hit, then you forget about hitting.

Comment

Stop thinking about it too much. Tell your own brain to stop worrying, and it probably will! This will come with experience. As for the actual scenario in the ring when you get hit, how I automatically react to this is by getting back on them straight away. Make sure they are wary of the wounded tiger. If you show signs it affected you and that you are hurt, it will become a self fulfilling prophesy and you will get your arse beaten down like a ***** as they will be galvanised into furthering their attack. Show no emotion in difficult situations during the fight and go back to the plan that you were on before you were hit!

Comment

Breathe through your nose not through your mouth.

This should be second nature to you.

Comment

In the ring, breather normally, your mind is not supposed to be focused on your breathing but on your fighting/sparring.

But when you are nervous before sparring i got a tip for you.

-Inhale through your nose for 5 seconds, as deep as you can.

-Pause for 1 second.

-Exhale through you mouth, take about 5 seconds too.

Rince and repeat, you can do it with your eyes closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
                In the ring, breather normally, your mind is not supposed to be focused on your breathing but on your fighting/sparring.

But when you are nervous before sparring i got a tip for you.

-Inhale through your nose for 5 seconds, as deep as you can.

-Pause for 1 second.

-Exhale through you mouth, take about 5 seconds too.

Rince and repeat, you can do it with your eyes closed.
                beautiful thank you

Comment

Originally posted by JulioCesaChavez View Post
                  Stop thinking about it too much. Tell your own brain to stop worrying, and it probably will! This will come with experience. As for the actual scenario in the ring when you get hit, how I automatically react to this is by getting back on them straight away. Make sure they are wary of the wounded tiger. If you show signs it affected you and that you are hurt, it will become a self fulfilling prophesy and you will get your arse beaten down like a ***** as they will be galvanised into furthering their attack. Show no emotion in difficult situations during the fight and go back to the plan that you were on before you were hit!
                  thank for the advice but that om u sent my about you wanting to expirement with an american guy really made me look at you differently . i ahave rockstar confidence and male model looks compiled with zab judah quikness and mike tyson power. i know this is incredible but dont lust after me. i lust after jolie.

Comment

DEEEEEEEEP inhale through your nose from the BOTTOM of your lungs....hard long exhale through your mouth with puckered lips.

Short sharp violents breaths exhaling through your nose; followed by long deep breaths through your nose and exhaling through your mouth with puckered lips.

make a noise when you exert energy. Like a grunt almost. let the air out, express your insides, tighten your core.

Rinse your mouth thoroughly and come out fighting at the bell.

Comment

Working...
                    X