No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ortiz-Lopez, Matthysse-Soto: Pre-Showtime Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ortiz-Lopez, Matthysse-Soto: Pre-Showtime Report Card

by Cliff Rold - Sometimes, the misfortune of others isn’t so bad. Boxing fans everywhere were disappointed with the initial postponement of Victor Ortiz-Andre Berto II. They were more than that when the rescheduled rematch was lost to a failed steroid test. Fans were out a highly anticipated fight.

Ortiz, the former WBC Welterweight titlist, was out two training camps if a suitable replacement wasn’t found.

Enter Josesito Lopez. Only the hardest of hardcore fans know his name, but what they know they have to like. Lopez is a gritty guy who finds himself with the chance of a lifetime.

Ortiz challenging Saul Alvarez for a Jr. Middleweight title in the fall hangs in the balance.

It’s the main event of a quality doubleheader that also features a crossroads bout between a fighter who could well be undefeated and another who has lingered on the verge of bigger things for years, never quite getting there. The leather will fly.

Let’s go to the report cards. [Click Here To Read More]

I've seen much crazier things in boxing, but I just can't see Lopez eating a flush right hook from Ortiz and staying up. Natural physcial size will also play a role.

Comment

The size differential is throwing me off but I agree, I am not saying he will but I think its possible for Lopez to cause the upset here.

Hes obviously a tough cookie but I think he has underrated boxing ability, this kid can box, not just fight!
      When this kid boxes he is pretty sound technically.
      Unlike Ortiz who I think is wide open, sloppy & wild, often off balance - Hes just wreckless and unlike everyone else I think he is a tad chinny.

Comment

Lopez is +600 on Bovada that's pretty good bet. Lopez is tough kid he might stop physically bigger but mentally weaker Ortiz.

Comment

The height for either Soto or Matthysse is wrong Soto is taller as seen in the weigh in.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGunslinger View Post
            The height for either Soto or Matthysse is wrong Soto is taller as seen in the weigh in.
            But Matyse is wider, lol.

Comment

I Gotta Wonder, if Spending that 5 Million $$$, and all those Training Camps,
              Mighta been a Distraction for Vic??? And, don't forget them SILK SHEETS...

Comment

War Lopez & Lucas. Ortiz you're kool. I just don't want Ortiz-ginger. Soto, Lucas deserves his so.........................

Comment

Soto is the underdog.... can't help but put down on +170

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    Soto is the underdog.... can't help but put down on +170
                    You can get +195 on 5dimes.

Comment

Working...
                    X