No announcement yet.

Haye: I promise, I won't let the british public down, last fight + injuries

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haye: I promise, I won't let the british public down, last fight + injuries

David Haye insists that he will not be tempted to box on beyond his 31st birthday on 13 October.

Britain's WBO heavyweight champion meets IBF and WBO title holder Wladimir Klitschko on 2 July, and he admitted: "It could be my last fight."

Haye said even the prospect of fighting Wladmir's brother Vitali, who holds the WBC belt, would not alter his plan.

"I've always said that I am going to retire when I'm 30," Haye told the BBC's Sportsweek programme.

"If there's another fight [against Vitali] that can happen quickly then let's get it on," said the Londoner

"Otherwise, once I've unified the titles, there's nowhere else to go - I've always anticipated retiring and have adjusted my life according to that."

Haye turned professional in 2002 and set his sights on becoming a champion boxer when he first took up the sport as a 10-year-old.

"I cease being 30 on 13 October of this year," he added. "I've achieved what I wanted to achieve, and particularly after I've won this fight, unifying the division."

Haye claimed the WBA heavyweight crown from Russian Nikolay Valuev in November 2009.
    David Haye Factfile
    Continue reading the main story David Haye as a youngster

Born: 13 October 1980
    Turned pro: 2002
    Record: 25-1 (23 KO)
    Represented: England Seniors 1998

The fighter damaged his hand in that encounter in Nuremberg.

Haye says that should he pick up a similar injury against Wladimir in their unification bout in Hamburg, there would be no return.

"If I damage my hand in the same way I damaged it against Valuev, hypothetically that would be my last fight," he added.

"I'm training with that in mind, that this could potentially be my last fight, so I need to make it my best.

"I need to be in better condition mentally, physically, spiritually than ever before and I'm not going to let the British public down. No way am I going to leave my titles in Germany."

__________________________________________________ __

Haye knows whats up, he isn't doing anything now to get under wlads skin, he knows whats up, he is more skilful, quicker and stronger than wlad. Only way he can lose is if he throws the fight away

haye will take this fight, haye will knock wlad out

count on it

come on man im a huge fan of haye but wlad is gona tap it for reals.

haye has a chance for sure but dun see him getting past the jab

Comment

I don't see him beating Wlad, let alone beating him and his brother. Haye's back is against the wall here.

Comment

Haye knows whats up, he isn't doing anything now to get under wlads skin, he knows whats up, he is more skilful, quicker and stronger than wlad. Only way he can lose is if he throws the fight away

haye will take this fight, haye will knock wlad out

count on it

More skillful? Based on what? Running like a Chicken for 12 rounds against Valuev? Throwing a total of 4 punches vs Harrison?

Wlad is by far the more skilled fighter and its going to be a sad day for you silly Brits when Wlad takes your hero to school and ends his life in the 12th. It would be like the Chambers KO but this time the victim won't be getting up.

Comment

Dumb Brits.

Comment

I can't wait then Haye.

Comment

I certainly wont be missing him when he calls it a day, but if he some how beats Wlad i'd be happy.

Comment

ha, he sounds a wee bit like hatton! all he is missing is put your house on it! Even if he sparks wlad out in 1 second, he wont fight vitali. you can believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by -JUGGERNAUT- View Post
                  More skillful? Based on what? Running like a Chicken for 12 rounds against Valuev? Throwing a total of 4 punches vs Harrison?

Wlad is by far the more skilled fighter and its going to be a sad day for you silly Brits when Wlad takes your hero to school and ends his life in the 12th. It would be like the Chambers KO but this time the victim won't be getting up.
                  You klit fans can be all immature, you think this is personal and you have to get one over someone who thinks Haye will win.

This is why you can't judge a fight, its coming, this is hayes last fight potentially, he will a monster in that ring

wlad can throw a million jabs, haye will win, there can be 2 wlads and haye would still win, its happening

Comment

I'll certainly be hoping for another Haye win, it would be a huge moment in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X