Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old will Floyd be on Saturday night? Has he slipped since Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old will Floyd be on Saturday night? Has he slipped since Mosley?

I think Floyd has slipped more than most people realize and it will show up on Saturday night. Mosley wasn't very capable of exposing it but Ortiz is.

That being said, I think Floyd will win, but it won't be impressive.

Another fun thread to bump afterwards.

Comment

so lets bet... if floyd wins impressively i win if not then you win.. lets say 10 million a piece?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        Another fun thread to bump afterwards.
        Oh come on man you know I like Floyd. I'm just sayin what we all know--his time is VERY near. No one can keep their reflexes forever.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing2106 View Post
          so lets bet... if floyd wins impressively i win if not then you win.. lets say 10 million a piece?
          Ok lets define impressively. we need some criteria. Whats ok with you?

Comment

Originally posted by ablindwatchmakr View Post
            Ok lets define impressively. we need some criteria. Whats ok with you?
            wide decision or stoppage wether its tko or ko etc or fight stop on cuts caused by headbutt and floyd won most of the rounds. on floyds part. wide decision is 117 and higher.even 8 rounds to 4 is still a wide decision so 116 and higher.basically if ortiz wins more then 4 rounds you win.
            Last edited by boxing2106; 09-14-2011, 12:26 AM.

Comment

How old is Hopkins????with some fighters age really isnt a factor man...dedication,ring generalship and awareness goes along way

Comment

Floyd'll start out slow but settle in around 3rd or 4th. Ortiz better hurt him early. By 4th-5th, Thats when we'll see what ortiz is made of.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing2106 View Post
                  wide decision or stoppage wether its tko or ko etc or fight stop on cuts caused by headbutt and floyd won most of the rounds. on floyds part. wide decision is 117 and higher.even 8 rounds to 4 is still a wide decision so 116 and higher.basically if ortiz wins more then 4 rounds you win.
                  If Ortiz can win 4 rounds, then Mayweather is slipping and his performance is NOT impressive. Mayweather must win 9 rounds or any numerical equivalent so knockdowns can be included. If Floyd stops him I'm impressed and you win the bet, but not due to accidental headbutt--not impressive. Going to the scorecards prematurely due to headbutts and the bets off.

How does this sound?

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                  How old is Hopkins????with some fighters age really isnt a factor man...dedication,ring generalship and awareness goes along way
                  This is true but Floyd does seem to have aged physically a little. Hopkins still looks good and he doesnt eat like **** either--his diet is disciplined. no mountain dew for hopkins.
                  Last edited by ablindwatchmakr; 09-14-2011, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ablindwatchmakr View Post
                    If Ortiz can win 4 rounds, then Mayweather is slipping and his performance is NOT impressive. Mayweather must win 9 rounds or any numerical equivalent so knockdowns can be included. If Floyd stops him I'm impressed and you win the bet, but not due to accidental headbutt--not impressive.

How does this sound?

This is true but Floyd does seem to have aged physically a little. Hopkins still looks good and he doesnt eat like **** either--his diet is disciplined. no mountain dew for hopkins.
                    Well Floyd hasnt taken any real punishment man and most of his gift is mental,the man can think on the go..thats what seperates fighters like him and hopkins from fighters who rely on physical gifts....boxing is a thinking mans sport in the long run..some fighters are physical freaks but they usually dont have long runs

Comment

Working...
                    X