Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio’s Doug Preisse, A GOP Campaign Chair, Admits Republicans Don't Want Black Votes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio’s Doug Preisse, A GOP Campaign Chair, Admits Republicans Don't Want Black Votes

This story should be getting more media play than it has. In a rare moment of candor, one in which he thought he was off the record, Ohio’s Doug Preisse, a GOP campaign chair and an advisor to Governor John Kashich, admitted to the Columbus Dispatch that they don’t want African-American people to vote.

“We shouldn’t contort the voting process to accommodate the urban — read African-American — voter-turnout machine.”
    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/08...-black-people/

I hate to burst your bubble, but a county party chairman doesn't speak for all Republicans. That said, he looks like a douche.

Comment

Actually, he does speak for all Republicans (except the 14 black ones). They don't want him saying that out loud because it sounds bad, but it's obviously common sense. African American turnout traditionally favors Democrats. They of course have no incentive to help turnout in urban areas with a higher black population.

You're not supposed to back peddle away from something obvious, Jeffries. Just acknowledge it for what it is. He didn't say, "we don't want black votes for Republicans" but "we don't want blacks voting for Dems."

Comment

I want everyone to vote (once per election,) save deceased and non citizens. I find the fact that 95% of blacks vote against their best interest rather curious and disturbing, but in no way do I wish to disenfranchise them.

Comment

And the race card just got played again.

Comment

Working...
          X