state athletic commissioner handed Buffer fake scorecard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• state athletic commissioner handed Buffer fake scorecard

Mike Coppinger ‏@MikeCoppinger
    Buffer tells me he was handed incorrect score of 115-115 by the state athletic commissioner. #fishy #boxing

Originally posted by croz View Post
    Mike Coppinger ‏@MikeCoppinger
    Buffer tells me he was handed incorrect score of 115-115 by the state athletic commissioner. #fishy #boxing
    I have a copy of the master scorecard, which shows that Barnes' scoring was actually 115-113. I'm guessing whoever was passing along the scores to Buffer wrote down the wrong thing — but what they handed him wasn't a copy of the master scorecard.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. David View Post
      I have a copy of the master scorecard, which shows that Barnes' scoring was actually 115-113. I'm guessing whoever was passing along the scores to Buffer wrote down the wrong thing — but what they handed him wasn't a copy of the master scorecard.
      Who are you,may i ask?

Comment

How did you get the master scorecard, bro?

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          Where is the dude in the hat when you need him? I'm sure he could clear this whole mess up for us.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
            Who are you,may i ask?
            Originally posted by Check View Post
            Sorry — I'm David Greisman. I write for BoxingScene. At major boxing cards, the commission quickly provides a copy of the scorecards to press at ringside. That's why you often see photos of such scorecards on Fight News or on this site, as with this article here:

http://www.boxingscene.com/photo-ada...scoring--60752

Comment

Sorry — I'm David Greisman. I write for BoxingScene. At major boxing cards, the commission quickly provides a copy of the scorecards to press at ringside. That's why you often see photos of such scorecards on Fight News or on this site, as with this article here:

http://www.boxingscene.com/photo-ada...scoring--60752
              thats cool,how long have you been writing for boxingscene?

Comment

Well if you read the tweet correctly, he never says he was handed a fake scorecard, just the wrong score (which is probably due to rushing to make the time slot as it was 6pm

Comment

Originally posted by the collector View Post
                  thats cool,how long have you been writing for boxingscene?
                  I've been here for eight years. Here's my latest column:

http://www.boxingscene.com/fighting-...ningham--60786

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Well if you read the tweet correctly, he never says he was handed a fake scorecard, just the wrong score (which is probably due to rushing to make the time slot as it was 6pm
                  Indeed, I only felt the need to respond because of the thread title of "fake scorecard."

Buffer reached out to me as well to note that he only read what was handed to him, and then Greg Sirb of the state athletic commission came in to note that Barnes actually had it for Adamek.

Comment

Ok? Fake scorecard to what fight??

Comment

Working...
                    X