No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Walker Felt Chambers, With One Arm, Beat Adamek Easy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Walker Felt Chambers, With One Arm, Beat Adamek Easy

Tomasz Adamek’s unanimous decision victory over Eddie Chambers benefited Travis Walker.

Adamek’s win prompted his co-promoters to bring back the popular Polish contender less than three months later and Walker was chosen as his foe for what could be a career-changing fight for the Atlanta-based heavyweight. The 33-year-old Walker still believes Chambers beat Adamek.

[Click Here To Read More]

Walker is talking to much!

Most often when a fighter talks as much as Walker is, he gets TKO'ed himself. Walker has no talent at this level and no heart to back up the talk. Gotta Luv'em though because he's trying to build it up as competitive. This is once again an over match for the over priced Predential Center.

Comment

@most a draw anywhere else but Newark...but Eddie really xposed flaws in Adamek, a blown up cuiser...imagine what Frazier would've done 2 him......

Comment

2 or 3 years ago, I would say this fight was a joke. BUT, as of lately, Walker has seemed to have improved. I mean, he went from getting blown out in 1 round by Quezada, to giving Chagaev a very tough fight in which some people felt he actually won. Then, he went the 12 round distance with Pulev. And, he's coming off of a 6th round TKO over Meehan.

He definitely lost the Pulev fight, but Pulev is very good, and he hits hard and is a very big, strong heavyweight. If Chagaev OR Pulev couldn't stop Walker recently, I just don't see Adamek doing it. Walker also has a very sneaky right uppercut that troubled both Chagaev and Pulev. I think Adamek should be favored to win a decision, but Walker is live, IMO. Especially considering Adamek is a small heavyweight.

Comment

It was pretty funny to watch one-armed Eddie Chambers just slip things like crazy the whole fight and make Adamek look real silly.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Tomasz Adamek’s unanimous decision victory over Eddie Chambers benefited Travis Walker.

Adamek’s win prompted his co-promoters to bring back the popular Polish contender less than three months later and Walker was chosen as his foe for what could be a career-changing fight for the Atlanta-based heavyweight. The 33-year-old Walker still believes Chambers beat Adamek.

[Click Here To Read More]
            I aint gonna lie...Eddie did work with that one arm....Adamek migt be on the slide as well...taking nothing from Eddie....but thats what its looking like imo

Comment

Eddie may have outboxed Ademek, he may have even won the fight, one or two handed, but to say he "beat" him is a gross overstatement. Eddie doesn't beat, he out thinks and out boxes. He's a little heavyweight with little power.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
                2 or 3 years ago, I would say this fight was a joke. BUT, as of lately, Walker has seemed to have improved. I mean, he went from getting blown out in 1 round by Quezada, to giving Chagaev a very tough fight in which some people felt he actually won. Then, he went the 12 round distance with Pulev. And, he's coming off of a 6th round TKO over Meehan.

He definitely lost the Pulev fight, but Pulev is very good, and he hits hard and is a very big, strong heavyweight. If Chagaev OR Pulev couldn't stop Walker recently, I just don't see Adamek doing it. Walker also has a very sneaky right uppercut that troubled both Chagaev and Pulev. I think Adamek should be favored to win a decision, but Walker is live, IMO. Especially considering Adamek is a small heavyweight.
                i agree because this is how i see it too. walker has improved the last few years. the chagaev fight really helped his confidence & i am one who thought he won the fight. aamek better not take him lightly. he should be able to outbox him farely easily but adamek has a tendancy to start exchanging in the middle of the ring & that could be a mistake.

Comment

Working...
                X