Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton's Comeback Move, Should He Fight Again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton's Comeback Move, Should He Fight Again?

When Ricky Hatton last left a boxing ring more than three years ago, he was helped out amid the the profound sympathy of all those who could claim to have been touched by his remarkable journey to the top of his sport.

Once the concerns over Hatton's health had been assuaged on that dark Las Vegas night, that sympathy soon turned into the urgent hope that a man who had given so much would now retire to make the most of his riches.

Hatton had achieved everything and more of the aspirations that had been assigned to him at such a young age, rising through a series of domestic blockbusters and proceeding to drag half of Manchester with him on raucous nights around the world. [Click Here To Read More]

He should stay retired and train boxers or something. If he comes back and gets demolished, he might hurt himself....I mean he nearly drank himself to death after the Pac loss. I think him coming back is a big mistake.

Comment

he's a grown man he can do what he wants.

Comment

I think he wants more from his career, he's achieved so much, but doesn't want to end it on a knockout loss.

Comment

i never thought that much of ricky. just an ok fighter in my book. why? because his two losses were against the so called best. no shame to be defeated by those two. only thing that made it look bad was he was running his mouth the whole time. i really think he went against floyd and pac WAY over confident. gave them motivation. if he was just trying to sell the fight ok but he is /was an arrogant fighter. i think he deserves the chance to fight if he wants. the team will find out quickly if he has a little left. good for him if he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Troav View Post
            I think he wants more from his career, he's achieved so much, but doesn't want to end it on a knockout loss.

I agree......

Comment

He's done. The guy has no defence; unless he changes his style dramatically, he'll get KOd again.

Comment

i wrote something similar in another thread regarding his mooted comeback,although not as eloquently.the talk is of 2 fights,1 being against paulie-which would have to be the 2nd as paulie is fighting cano on the garcia/morales card in brooklyn.so the idea is a tune-up in nov in u.k.this would have to be in my opinion against a domestic level opponent-lenny daws,colin lynes,woodhouse! wether ricky or others consider these benaeth him i dont know,but after 3+half years out,ballooning up in weight and entering rehab with a coke addiction,it would need to be someone who if hes still as good as he used to be,he should beat comfortably.tyson vs mcbride/williams anyone?? if he does return of course i would watch it and hope he wins but i am concerned for his health.as regards paulie-yes he might not be the hardest puncher but hes tough-his only derfeats being on pts or late tko(although he argues they shouldnt have been stopped)dont know if goin to 147 has rejuvanated him but hes on a good winning run topped off by goin into senchenkos backyard and stopping him.lets see how it all pans out...

Comment

I'm glad he's making a comeback. He doesn't have anything to prove at this point but, I suspect, he misses being in the spot light in the center of attention and the adreneline rush. He was able to rest his body and mind for several years and hopefully is rejuvenated and has a couple more good ring performances. Best of luck to him.

Comment

Hatton craves publicity and attention

Hatton wee Ricky the white elf all 5'3" of fatness and addictions craves attention to survive. Wee Ricky does this to keep his tarnished name out there for attention which he desparately needs. Match the elf Hatton with Khan and do a british fight in manchester. end this charade of tiny's hattons now.

Comment

Working...
                    X