No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan: I Know I Have The Tools To Beat Collazo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amir Khan: I Know I Have The Tools To Beat Collazo

LONDON - British boxing star Amir Khan has vowed to look his best yet despite spending the past year out the ring.

The former unified light-welterweight world champion has endured a frustrating 12 months having seen his chances of fighting Floyd Mayweather disintegrate when the pound-for-pound ace opted to fight Argentine bruiser Marcos Maidana instead.

Despite the setbacks, which saw Khan pass up the opportunity to take on Devon Alexander last December for the IBF welterweight title following assurances he would land ‘Money’ Mayweather, the Bolton pugilist is upbeat about his upcoming fight with the tricky southpaw Luis Collazo.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If he can fight smart then anything's possible.

Comment

Nothing new here, but we all know Khan gets no props for beating Collazo.

Comment

He will get back in the mix though and he really needs a decent win under his belt.

Comment

True it is only the beginning of his WW run. Hopefully he is not over looking (as usual).

Comment

Khan is at it again, he says he is NOT fighting an average welter weight in Collazo . Average by this divisions high standards is doing Collazo a favour. There is no fighter around to compare to Khan when it comes to talking absolute garbage, everytime.
            Anything less than looking absolutely spectacular against this , first fight at welter against Collazo , who again, was beaten eight years ago by a out of his best division Hatton, then it really must be good bye Khan. He can't live with these guys here and anyone but a fool should understand this.

Comment

Collazo is a real test at 147 for Khan.

He needs to win convincingly, ideally by stoppage.

Collazo has all the tools to make is a very long night for Amir Khan.

Personally I think that Khan will either win easily and get a stoppage within 6 rounds OR lose on a close decision.

I'm rooting for Collazo - he is less talk, more action also more humble and likable. If he can fight like he did against Hatton then he will beat Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                Khan is at it again, he says he is NOT fighting an average welter weight in Collazo . Average by this divisions high standards is doing Collazo a favour. There is no fighter around to compare to Khan when it comes to talking absolute garbage, everytime.
                Anything less than looking absolutely spectacular against this , first fight at welter against Collazo , who again, was beaten eight years ago by a out of his best division Hatton, then it really must be good bye Khan. He can't live with these guys here and anyone but a fool should understand this.
                Collazo would beat Maidana. So Khan has the more difficult opponent than Floyd does on the night. If you're saying Collazo is average then what that make maidana? Khan already whupped maidana and then floyd ducked khan to fight maidana.. lol

Comment

As long as Khan don't trade heavy shots with Collazo and sticks to the outside the whole fight then Amir shouldn't have any trouble.

Comment

Collazo arguably beat both Hatton and Berto and he's ranked #2 by WBA at Welterweight.

Comment

Working...
                    X