No announcement yet.

Quitting boxing for weight lifting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quitting boxing for weight lifting

Cardio kills gains so i'm quitting boxing training for at least a year or two.

I don't see the point of training constantly if you're not gonna be a world class boxer. I used to think those guys who lifted but never did combat sports were wimps but a good physique stays with you for life. In the long run they'll benefit more.

Anyone else have this dilemma? I like boxing but I'd rather not be a 6'0 lightweight.

how old are you if your a 6ft lightweight your probably still a teenager

Comment

Originally posted by DeLaHoya1fan View Post
      Cardio kills gains
      Nope, that's bull**** and a myth.

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
        how old are you if your a 6ft lightweight your probably still a teenager
        Im 20 and actually more like a welterweight soaking wet.

Comment

i've seen enough guys at the gym who have real big arms and chest but got a beer belly to go with it, you gotta do cardio too

Comment

Good luck lifting weights! Be carefull.

Comment

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I quit bodybuilding to box. I didn't like being big. You're always eating (boring foods), you never feel great, people assume you're an *******, and contrary to what guys think, chicks usually don't like huge guys and the ones that do are trash.
                Life is so much better with boxing. I feel great, look better than before, body is much healthier, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
                  I quit bodybuilding to box. I didn't like being big. You're always eating (boring foods), you never feel great, people assume you're an *******, and contrary to what guys think, chicks usually don't like huge guys and the ones that do are trash.
                  Life is so much better with boxing. I feel great, look better than before, body is much healthier, etc.
                  Just depends on the individual.

I like my new diet, it is structured and has lots of foods I like. I always feel great because I am much healthier. People don't think I'm ******* because, well...I'm not an *******. Lastly, I've gotten many more chicks (quality chicks, not club sloots) since getting jacked.

Some like BBing, some don't. Just gotta try it to see.

But me personally, I like to do both. People tell me that I can't powerbuild (hybrid powerlifting/bodybuilding) as a boxer, but that's BS. My punching power is great, I'm not slow, I'm not inflexible, and my cardio hasn't suffered.

Comment

I dont think your punching power is as great as you think it is. You look pretty contracted in your picture if that thats you. And if youre contracted youre not as fast also.

Lifting weights doesn't build punching power unless youre doing explosive work which you cant really do with heavy weights. Only time it'll benefit is if youre putting on massive weight with muscle.

From my experience women prefer the leaner look of a fighter. Since its proportionate, natural, contoured, and functional. Plus lifting weights and trying to be a fighter is more work in my opinion, you have to counter act all you did when you lift when youre training.

You cant really be both in my opinion. Youre either a fighter, or someone who wants to look good.

Comment

Working...
                    X