No announcement yet.

Fighters that lost their hype that u still have hope for

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters that lost their hype that u still have hope for

There were lots of fighters being touted as the next big thing in the sport for a while that have failed their tests due to a flaw that continues to get exploited and has yet to be corrected

Victor Ortiz had all the tools to be the next big thing, but failed miserably due to his lack of heart and skill, and recurring in-ring stupidity

Amir Khan has what it takes to be the next big thing, but he has a weak chin, and lacks the proper defensive skills to protect it

Then there r guys like Andre Berto, Devon Alexander, James Kirkland, and others who lack a little more than just one key element to a potential ATG career

So which one of these fighters, among others not named, do u think still has what it takes to turn their careers around and wind up on top or near the top of the boxing world?

Khan's move to Hunter gives me hope... He could make Khan a thinker and improve his defense... And with that, he will be very hard to beat at any weight

And, although its not so much hope as it is wish, but if Andre Berto was actually taught properly how to box, and not just rely on his hand speed... Again, you'd be looking at a hard to beat fighter... I mean, imagine Berto's athleticism and hand speed with someone like Miguel Cotto's fighting style??

And, this one is a complete dream and otherwise impossible obviously, but take Victor Ortiz's body and give it to Tim Bradley, and I think you'd be looking at the top p4p fighter in the world... I think he'd beat Floyd, Pac, Canelo, Martnez (toughest fight for him stylistically)... All them niggaz

Comment

James Degale.

He really is very skilled, with a bit of fine tuning and a better attitude he could be something at 168, but mentally he has issues that i dont know if they will be sorted, i hope so though

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        James Degale.

He really is very skilled, with a bit of fine tuning and a better attitude he could be something at 168, but mentally he has issues that i dont know if they will be sorted, i hope so though
        juan ma lopez

Comment

i think victor burgos will become one of the best, and the hasegawa fight just addd to his experience

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
            Victor Ortiz had all the tools to be the next big thing, but failed miserably due to his lack of heart and skill, and recurring in-ring stupidity
            If you judge him on the Maidana fight then YES, he lacks heart.

If you judge him on the Lopez fight then it's a maybe.

But watch the Berto fight & he has heart, heart & a little more heart.

I think your last part sums him up better. He doesn't have a very good ring mentality. I am always loathe to say any fighter lacks 'heart'. Especially from the safety of my keyboard.

Comment

DeGale is fighting tonight so see how he looks in that.

Frankie Gavin I still have hope for big things from him..

Comment

degale has to do something or his career will be the most sorry ever worse than audley he needs to get his **** together

Comment

Devon "huh-huh-huh" Alexander.

Tell the mofo to stop telegraphing his shots. Huh-ha-huh-...

Comment

I have hope for Khan and Juanma I feel both would do themselves a favor by moving up in weight

Comment

Working...
                    X