Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lou DiBella: Nicklow Will Measure Where Jermain Taylor Is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lou DiBella: Nicklow Will Measure Where Jermain Taylor Is

Lou DiBella didn’t try to sell Jessie Nicklow as anything other than he is.

Taylor’s team of handlers picked Nicklow for Taylor’s comeback bout because he is a mostly unimposing opponent with a solid record. The Baltimore-based Nicklow is someone Taylor would’ve dominated during his reign as middleweight champion, but a reasonable opponent for Taylor’s first fight in more than two years.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm pulling for this kid and two years is long enough to get your head straight. But the real question is has Taylor figured out that stamina issue he has...I mean dominating fights and then getting knocked out in the 11th or 12th round...this kid could benefit from Ann Wolfe Training.

Comment

Originally posted by billfifty View Post
      I'm pulling for this kid and two years is long enough to get your head straight. But the real question is has Taylor figured out that stamina issue he has...I mean dominating fights and then getting knocked out in the 11th or 12th round...this kid could benefit from Ann Wolfe Training.
      How many top class world champion fighters has Anne Wolf trained? Better yet, how many of her fighters have shown to be solid 12 round fighters?
      It really isn't the training at all. Jermain Taylor fights excited, he does too much unproductive work in the ring and wears himself out. He needs to learn to settle down and be more calm. I don't care how good a man is at a 10 mile run, he won't make it to the finish line if he tries to sprint the whole way.

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
        How many top class world champion fighters has Anne Wolf trained? Better yet, how many of her fighters have shown to be solid 12 round fighters?
        It really isn't the training at all. Jermain Taylor fights excited, he does too much unproductive work in the ring and wears himself out. He needs to learn to settle down and be more calm. I don't care how good a man is at a 10 mile run, he won't make it to the finish line if he tries to sprint the whole way.
        This kid gases in the same way in every fight so I'm not buying the calm defense. What you said about being calm....that's part of boxing and if he hasn't learned that at this point in his career.....well he's on the downslide of career.
        Last edited by billfifty; 12-30-2011, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X