Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Offense Is No Longer A Skill Of Boxing"-Haters

Malignaggi, Ward, Whitaker, Bradley, Mayweather

are all more complete than Pacquiao.

Uh huh........ but you are all discounting offense.

Boxing is the art of fisticuff combat. It originated from barenuckle boxing fighting until 1 person wins. no judges.

It was completely based on offense. Offense wins fights. Not defense. You can't win a fight diving and dodging throwing ***g0t punches that don't phase your opponent.

Ward and Bradley are not more complete than Pacquiao. They are point fighters in a sport that has deviated from the core appeal of boxing. KO's.

That is why Boxing is dying. Mayweather is only a draw because of his mouth. His fights are boring.

You can argue another way all you want. The fact is, historically boxing has always favored the offensive fighters. The point riders wouldn't even get marquee fights until recently, sport dying.

What did Cus say to Tyson? that's right.

At the same time, Americans no longer have fighters with true offense, so they've decided to debate boxing is about defensive abilities.

It's laughable.

Sorry son. If I see you dipping and diving on the streets your shirt will be yanked and you will be out cold within 5 seconds.

Real talk.

Paulie: "I'm more skilled than Pacquiao. HE ON ROIDS!"

Just because one guy is more gifted than he is naturally he's on roids.

that is just straight up penis envy.

it's like one guy hearing about someone having a huge dick and saying MAN THAT'S FAKE.
    Last edited by Rassclot; 01-04-2012, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Marquez gave hell to Pacquiao because he is a stupid offensive fighter.. If you got no deffense you'll get hit in the face puto.

Just like Pacquiao got so many clean punches landed in his face.

Comment

yea cause defense is dumb,**** defense just run in face first and fight and whoever hits the hardest wins..thats what fighting is all about..ending the fight looking like you tried to kiss a train that was going 80 miles an hour.thats cool

Comment

I agree, people think good defense, better skilled than a offesive fighter wich is really stupid!!

Ill want to see somebody throw a 9 punch combo like Pacquiao does, all at angles and still Knock you out in the mix of it!!

Comment

Damn this guy took the scenic route to hate on defense. Just say you love Pacs offense and hate Floyds defense.

If Your a student of the game you love and respect all aspects of boxing.

Not to mention the majority of fans are casual and the casual fans obviously paint Pac to be some kind of hero god, while Floyd is the bad guy no one likes.

Comment

you need offense and defense ...to say either is useless is the dumbest **** ive ever heard

Comment

It's incredibly harder to dodge a punch than to throw one.

I love watching a masterful defensive boxer.

The sport has evolved, and I'm thankful for that.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                  It's incredibly harder to dodge a punch than to throw one.

I love watching a masterful defensive boxer.

The sport has evolved, and I'm thankful for that.
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
                    Malignaggi, Ward, Whitaker, Bradley, Mayweather

are all more complete than Pacquiao.

Uh huh........ but you are all discounting offense.

Boxing is the art of fisticuff combat. It originated from barenuckle boxing fighting until 1 person wins. no judges.

It was completely based on offense. Offense wins fights. Not defense. You can't win a fight diving and dodging throwing ***g0t punches that don't phase your opponent.

Ward and Bradley are not more complete than Pacquiao. They are point fighters in a sport that has deviated from the core appeal of boxing. KO's.

That is why Boxing is dying. Mayweather is only a draw because of his mouth. His fights are boring.

You can argue another way all you want. The fact is, historically boxing has always favored the offensive fighters. The point riders wouldn't even get marquee fights until recently, sport dying.

What did Cus say to Tyson? that's right.

At the same time, Americans no longer have fighters with true offense, so they've decided to debate boxing is about defensive abilities.

It's laughable.

Sorry son. If I see you dipping and diving on the streets your shirt will be yanked and you will be out cold within 5 seconds.

Real talk.
                    there there.

Comment

Working...
                    X