No announcement yet.

Amateur fighting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amateur fighting

Do you notice that when your an amateur you fight all wild. Like if you get in the ring with another amateur you fight like its not a boxing match. But then when you know how to fight for real and your opponent fights like an amateur you have to adjust back to your amateur ways. How do you stop this? Do you get what I mean?

keep hands up as i will probly be a headhunter , stay compact and use mainly straight punches , straight right hands being thet top.

it s true that when you face someone wild youre prone to be wild too.

Comment

Originally posted by tyte3
      Do you notice that when your an amateur you fight all wild. Like if you get in the ring with another amateur you fight like its not a boxing match. But then when you know how to fight for real and your opponent fights like an amateur you have to adjust back to your amateur ways. How do you stop this? Do you get what I mean?
      Brother, I know exactly what you mean. I started boxing not that long ago. My form speed and power developed very quiclky. I was feeling great then I stepped in the ring to spar and realized I couldn't put it together. For the life of me I couldn't throw a proper hook using my waist. They all looked like hay makers. Anyway I realized all this is a mental block. I can't let my form flow because I'm too apprehensive. If you aske me the one thing that boxing lacks(in comparison to other martial arts) is focus being intune with your soul. Once we key into this then we can be great boxers.

Comment

amature fights are only wild because of it beign only 3 roudns and its liek your alreasdy put into championship rounds

yoru best bet is not to fight the other guys fight unless thats how you fight

stick to your gameplan

i dont notice it because i dont do it i listen to my couach
        a good boxer will listen to his./her trainer

you have a jab use it
        you have a rigth cross use it
        you have a hook use it
        use your piviot(boxers best weapon even better than a jab)

you need to do what our told and train hard
        someone wants to get into a slug fest let him
        make sdure you just box and move
        why make it easy for him

he is slugging so he will be open alot and he can be countered easy
        its only 3 roudns pick him off and get points
        stop being hard headed in the ring and do what your told and trained

unless your coach teaches you to slug

Comment

i know how to stop...im just saying that its wierd when beggining amateurs always do that.

Comment

Amateurs are nervous and they go all wild because they lack experience. The hardest fights sometimes are against fighters who don't know what they are doing. But when you go crazy like that, you lose your energy. To stop that I would say use a jab, go to the body, and slow the guy down.

Comment

ive faced those wild sorts in sparring before. Just try and stick to your own style, and pick him off with jabs here and there, and just relax. It worked for me...

Comment

Working...
              X