Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Is A Waste Of Time - Agree or Disagree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Is A Waste Of Time - Agree or Disagree?

This guy makes a good argument that the majority who attend and graduate college end up in different fields of work than what they had originallymajored in, in addition to being weighed down with the debt after graduation.

I tend to think someone with some type of a degree has a better chance of landing a higher paying job in the long run, although while still being indebted to the school ...

I'm sure college is equivelant to university in the uk. College in the uk is what 16 - 18 year olds do if they dont want to do sixform(stay at school for another two years)
    I did studied plumbing and gas engineering for 3 years and tbh it was a massive waste of time cause i cba to do it now. but that doesn't mean its a waste of time its just some people realise what their doing is not what they want to domfor the rest of their lives. If you actually stick at it/ you enjoy what your learning its not a waste of time. I've never got to experience university but alot of my friends seem to be having the time of their lives partying all the time.

Comment

More like a waste of $

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
        I'm sure college is equivelant to university in the uk. College in the uk is what 16 - 18 year olds do if they dont want to do sixform(stay at school for another two years)
        I did studied plumbing and gas engineering for 3 years and tbh it was a massive waste of time cause i cba to do it now. but that doesn't mean its a waste of time its just some people realise what their doing is not what they want to domfor the rest of their lives. If you actually stick at it/ you enjoy what your learning its not a waste of time. I've never got to experience university but alot of my friends seem to be having the time of their lives partying all the time.
        And party they do. Guess it makes it worthwhile if you can party AND go to school. I'm aware that college/university is mostly paid for in other countries.

The U.S. charges an arm and a leg for courses made up with a lot of filler subjects that tend to be useless in certain professions.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
          More like a waste of $
          That's true if one doesn't seek schooling in an in-demand field.

Comment

It's become too much of a "business" and degrees are basically worthless nowadays. Jobs that 20 years ago didn't require a degree want at least a BAchlors or masters degree today

Best thing is experience and training

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              It's become too much of a "business" and degrees are basically worthless nowadays. Jobs that 20 years ago didn't require a degree want at least a BAchlors or masters degree today

Best thing is experience and training
              Tell me about it. It would be great if the schools could guarantee a high paying position with Microsoft or Apple or any major conglomerate soon after graduation.

I'd say those with a business, medical, and law degrees are more likely to being employed regardless of the economy.

Starting one's own business may be the better route for some.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                Tell me about it. It would be great if the schools could guarantee a high paying position with Microsoft or Apple or any major conglomerate soon after graduation.

I'd say those with a business, medical, and law degrees are more likely to being employed regardless of the economy.

My dad lost his job 5 years ago and started his own business now he owns two shops and is doing great has him wishing he started when he was in his 20s

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post

Certain degrees are worth much more like science and medical but how many "accounting" degrees are gonna find great jobs? Like every other person gets one or a business degree

There are many jobs out there that are unfilled because they are specialized jobs that require training, not 4+ years of stuff you won't ever remember

Comment

Working...
                  X