Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did hopkins duck RJJ after their first fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did hopkins duck RJJ after their first fight?

Im sure that bernard was ducking him until, he slowed down.

I believe after that both of their careers set off on different paths. Especially when Jones beat Toney after that their careers were off the same path.

Comment

but after the reign at 168, they could have easily met at 175 at least 4 years before they met!

Comment

I wouldn't necessarily call it a duck since Roy was at 175 and Hopkins stayed at 160. But I will say that Hopkins tried to act like he wanted to fight Roy again but kept comin up with bullcrap such as the fight should be 50/50 as far as the purse when Hopkins brought nothing to the table, Roy was the draw, and Roy saying 60/40 was more then generous IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          I wouldn't necessarily call it a duck since Roy was at 175 and Hopkins stayed at 160. But I will say that Hopkins tried to act like he wanted to fight Roy again but kept comin up with bullcrap such as the fight should be 50/50 as far as the purse when Hopkins brought nothing to the table, Roy was the draw, and Roy saying 60/40 was more then generous IMO
          Even in Roy's prime he wasn't a huge draw. People tend to forget that.

Comment

Generous is an understatement.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              Even in Roy's prime he wasn't a huge draw. People tend to forget that.
              Compared to Hopkins, Roy was a huge draw

Comment

this!!!!!!!!

Comment

Compared to Hopkins, Roy was a huge draw
                  There was a big buzz around Hopkins after that Trinidad performance.

Also there could be more to the story than a simple 60/40 split. Hopkins had said in an interview when he got the contract it would have been much less than 60/40. Hopkins was screwed the first time they fought by his manager who pocketed $700,000 for himself so no doubt Hopkins wouldnt have accepted the short end of the stick again. In his mind he was worth more than that.
                  Last edited by ИATAS; 02-16-2013, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Sounds like a duck then, He use to bring Roy’s name up and call him out like crazy, but demands 50/50 split when he wasn’t even close to being the bigger draw, already lost the first match up and Roy p4p best in the world at the time, that my friend is a duck.

Comment

Working...
                    X