Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pascal vs Erdei, Taylor vs Alcine on April 14 on Showtime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pascal vs Erdei, Taylor vs Alcine on April 14 on Showtime?

BoxingScene.com has been advised by multiple sources that discussions are ongoing to finalize a Showtime televised doubleheader on April 14th. The main event would feature a light heavyweight contest between former champions Jean Pascal (26-2-1, 16 KOs) and Zsolt Erdei (33-0, 18 KOs), and then a middleweight co-feature between the comebacking Jermain Taylor (29-4-1, 18 KOs) and Canadian veteran Joachim Alcine (33-2-1, 19 KOs), who recently upset David Lemieux. The card would be a co-promotion by Yvon Michel and Lou DiBella.

[Click Here To Read More]

Showtime chose this instead of Bute v Froch?

Really??

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post

Really??
      A good fight for Pascal. I would have been happy with Erdei or Sillakh.

Froch came out a couple days ago and said they are looking for a May date for Bute-Froch, prbably May 12th or May 26th would be my guess.

Comment

Rios-Gamboa is scheduled for the same day. Not a hard decision on which fight I'll watch live and which one I'll catch on replay.

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post

Really??
          If I were to guess the reason it's because Bute alone commands around $2,000,000 and this proposed doubleheader could be done with less than $2M between all 4 fighters.

These are good fights, but not a great night for counter programming though.

Comment

Would be a triple header since Kessler is fighting Steglitz that barring another injury.

Not a bad card. Little iffy on Taylor being televised like that, but whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by HBGBoxingFan View Post
              Rios-Gamboa is scheduled for the same day. Not a hard decision on which fight I'll watch live and which one I'll catch on replay.
              I was thinking the same thing. Why the **** does HBO and Showtime do this so often when there are so many weekends without any relevant boxing matches?

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                If I were to guess the reason it's because Bute alone commands around $2,000,000 and this proposed doubleheader could be done with less than $2M between all 4 fighters.

These are good fights, but not a great night for counter programming though.
                You are right i'm sure. It's a decent main event.

Comment

seems none of the '75#ers want anything to do w/Syllakh...he'll b champ whenever some 1 is forced 2 defend vs IS...

Comment

Working...
                  X