Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great fights/fighters nobody talks about?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great fights/fighters nobody talks about?

What fights or fighters do you feel are very good/great but don't seem to get any recognition throughout the boxing community?

Comment

Antonio Cervantes. Great 140lb champ, arguably the best overall, he just had the misfortune to run into the two greatest defensive fighters ever and a whirlwind in Pryor at the end of his career.

Comment

Harold Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Harold Johnson.

Maybe before you began the revolution lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            Maybe before you began the revolution lol.

Goblin talks about him too from time to time when he posts.

Comment

Vicente Saldivar usually get no mention what so ever when people talk about great Mexicans and Southpaws, imo he's top 5 in both categories and no lower.
              Also his trilogy with Winstone isn't talked about much but is incredible, especially the 2nd fight.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                Vicente Saldivar usually get no mention what so ever when people talk about great Mexicans and Southpaws, imo he's top 5 in both categories and no lower.
                Also his trilogy with Winstone isn't talked about much but is incredible, especially the 2nd fight.
                great mention, there.

Comment

Mike McCallum
                  Bill Graham
                  George Dixon (bantamweight who beat a few ATGs, can't remember which)

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
                    Mike McCallum
                    Bill Graham
                    George Dixon (bantamweight who beat a few ATGs, can't remember which)
                    I think I did a thread about Dixon on this forum, I'll see if I can find it and bump it.

Julio Cesar Vasquez to a lesser degree. He had some good wins including a solid beating of Winky Wright.

Comment

Working...
                    X