Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner, Russell, Mitchell vs. Banks Tripleheader Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Broner, Russell, Mitchell vs. Banks Tripleheader Possible

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer advised BoxingScene.com that his company is currently working on a fall tripleheader. Provided that he wins next Saturday's HBO televised fight with Vicente Escobedo (26-3, 15KOs), WBO super featherweight champion Adrien Broner (23-0, 19KOs) would defend his title as part of the tripleheader. Rising featherweight Gary Russell Jr. would face an opponent to be named at a later date.

[Click Here To Read More]

Great Card with Great Fighters! Looking forward to see what Mitchell has learned and hopefully a title fight for Russell Jr.

Comment

good seeing them kept busy.

Comment

If GB have run out of cab drivers for Russell to fight, they should give Lou Di Bella a call; he knows a never ending supply of undersized goatfarmers and part-time janitors. If you want proof, just look at Sergio Martinez's resume.

Comment

Probably do good numbers as all the pac-tards will tune in to see Bronner!

Comment

This will be a good card if they can get competitive opponents for Broner and Russell Jr.

Comment

Good stuff.

I hope Broner finally gets some good competition at a premier weight class like lightweight.

Comment

They should do Broner vs. Hank Lundy as his first fight at 135. They were talking mad shyt back and forth on twitter a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
                  If GB have run out of cab drivers for Russell to fight, they should give Lou Di Bella a call; he knows a never ending supply of undersized goatfarmers and part-time janitors. If you want proof, just look at Sergio Martinez's resume.
                  Hi mush! How's the ban going?

Comment

With this quadruple header, I'm not holding my breath that they put.on competitive fights outside ponce de Leon/gonzales fight. Canelo will dismantle lopez inside 3 rounds, and will feed Russell/Mitchell/broner with tomato cans. I still don't understand why GBP just move of Sept 15th and have canelo fight kirkland in October on PPV like they originally planned.

Comment

Working...
                    X