No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fortuna vs Cuellar in Talks For April/May Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fortuna vs Cuellar in Talks For April/May Showdown

According to promoter Sampson Lewkowicz of Sampson Boxing, Javier Fortuna may possibly defend his interim- featherweight championship of the World Boxing Association (WBA) against Argentine fighter Jesus Andres Cuellar in March or April next year in Argentina. Cuellar has impressive record of 22 wins, with a loss and 18 wins by knockout. Fortuna is unbeaten in 21 fights, with 15 knockouts. He won the title earlier this month in Las Vegas with a twelve round decision over Irishman Patrick Hyland on the Pacquiao-Marquez undercard at the MGM Grand.

[Click Here To Read More]

Cuellar just had that crazy KO in the Maidana undercard last week. This could be good.

(6:55)

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      Cuellar just had that crazy KO in the Maidana undercard last week. This could be good.

(6:55)
      Looks pretty interesting! Looks like he can match Fortuna in power. I think what Fortuna needs to do is stick and move and try not to have any crazy exchanges because it's possible this guy can put him to sleep. Let's see if they make this fight. My question is....why go to Argentina to fight? A good purse, maybe????

Comment

Cuellar will stick w/his power as a really doesn't have the talent 2 stick&mover for even extended periods in a bout...should be a great bout...

Comment

Fortuna just got some exposure on a PPV and now he's heading to Argentina? What could that possibly do for him?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            Fortuna just got some exposure on a PPV and now he's heading to Argentina? What could that possibly do for him?

My words exactly! I'm thinking he is doing it to stay busy but damn this fight is quite a few months out so that's not it. I don't get it.

Comment

Eggoo

Seems pretty reasonable, no point to rush him but i dont like the idea of him fighting a puncher cuz i can c him getting clocked. russel jr. isnt a bad idea nd so isnt johnny gonzalez. Someone whos worth possible loosing that 0

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post

I remember reading he was going to be in the Martinez undercard though.

Comment

Working...
                X