Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider excessive holding cheating?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you consider excessive holding cheating?

As long as a fighter is not hurt I see holding as a way to avoid the whole point of boxing. And if a fighter is winning like W Klitchko and still holds its like running out the shot clock and playing keep away in bball. So whats your take on it ?

No it's called tactics. Something Margarito team lacked.

"Walk through his punches"

Comment

What I don't understand is how some boxing fans talk **** about MMA but when they clinch in boxing, its praised.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar May Floyd View Post

One thing about Mayweather is he uses slickness not clinching. And holding is a ***** tactic and can be penalized by the ref.

Comment

yes in the rule books it says excessive holding is against the rules..

I am not against holding, but when make it a part of your game plan ala Paulie, Mosley against Tony, Hattonn vs Tzsyu, and other fights.... I think they should be deducted points... Maybe even DQ'ed for it if it is over used like Paulie...

I think when Akinwande held Lennox alot and got DQ'ed, I think it was justified...

Comment

Why am I getting the feeling that the threadstarter will eventually bring up Mosleys' excessive clinching???

Comment

Originally posted by Tlahuizcalpante View Post
              One thing about Mayweather is he uses slickness not clinching. And holding is a ***** tactic and can be penalized by the ref.
              Clinching is part of boxing fool.

You clinch when you are hurt.
              You clinch when you are overwhelmed
              You clinch to stop opponents attack

JCC clinched ALOT

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar May Floyd View Post

Mayweather uses that tactic, I've seen him hold boxers arms too.
                If every boxer does that then boxing would sk.

Comment

excessive holding is against the rules.. what Mosley did I wouldn't count excessive though.
                  he wasn't wrestling the whole fight like Ricky Hatton or Hopkins does sometimes. He was getting his shots in, tying Margo up then working out or getting away.

Comment

its illegal, and thats why they deduct a point.

Comment

Working...
                    X