No announcement yet.

Scarface Remake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarface Remake

A new feature film version of Scarface is being developed by Universal Pictures and one of the producers from the 1983 film, which itself was a remake of the original 1932 movie. At this time there isn't a story behind this new Scarface except that it won't be a remake of either movie, nor will it be a prequel or sequel. Instead, the Scarface of the early 21st century will follow a different central character as he enters America and builds an empire of wealth and infamy from the avails of crime.

The 1982 Scarface which stars Al Pacino as Cuban immigrant Tony Montana is still a popular cult movie. When it was first released De Palma's Scarface was critically panned and viewed as being far too violent for its time. In the following years the De Palma Scarface movie gained a following from the underground movie audience before becoming a cultural touchstone for the hip-hop movement. Today, there are posters and t-shirts sold every day with the image of Al Pacino on them, and his famous line, "Say hello to my little friend" has become one of the world's top selling ringtone. Two weeks ago a screening of the film was held to mark the release of Scarface on Blu-ray, with Pacino and several cast members attending the event.

Martin*Bregman was a producer on the '82 film and is involved in developing the new Scarface along with Marc Shmuger of Global Produce. Universal is currently meeting with writers to find a different-but-similar new storyline and Scarface character for us to follow.
    I know Al Pacino's version was already a remake, but at some point, you gotta draw the line. Hollywood is officially out of ideas. SMH!

and you post this AFTER a karate kid remake? and about 50 other pathetic remake movies

Comment

I don't care much for todays remakes.

Although the Dawn of the Dead remake was one of the better ones.

Comment

they need to stop with the remakes. Scarface? The Thing? Even faggot movies like FOOTLOOSE?!?!

And if it's not truly a remake of either film why not just call it something else? lmao, so stupid!

Comment

Greatest remake that did the original justice?

Magnificent Seven. Over 50 years ago

Which says much of the film industry that churns out so many remakes.

Also, The Thing, if you class it a remake, was better then 'The Thing from Another World'.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            they need to stop with the remakes. Scarface? The Thing? Even faggot movies like FOOTLOOSE?!?!
            Yeah, and The Thing remake is going to probably suck even though the special effects will probably be cool. The Thing remake probably would only be good if John Carpenter was doing it, which I don't know if he is. I bet its some other hack.

Comment

the 80s version could use a facelift. Cinematically It's far from a masterpiece.
              I love the movie but thats mostly out of nostalgia.

With a big budget, and a good director this could be good.

It's not really remakes either. It's just using that american dream packed in a crime wrapping.
              The 30s and the 80s version are not very similar to begin with.
              Last edited by Barry Halls; 09-26-2011, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
                Yeah, and The Thing remake is going to probably suck even though the special effects will probably be cool. The Thing remake probably would only be good if John Carpenter was doing it, which I don't know if he is. I bet its some other hack.
                Nothing to do with Carpenter as far as i know. It's a Norwegian cast. Its a prequel, of the events leading upto Carpenters The Thing.

Comment

they should remake i dream of genie with jessica biel and me in the leading roles.

Comment

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
                    Nothing to do with Carpenter as far as i know. It's a Norwegian cast. Its a prequel, of the events leading upto Carpenters The Thing.
                    That sucks, I was hoping someone survived, now that makes me think the main female star is going to die. HAHAHA, and when I was watching the trailer I thought the token black guy was Childs in this.

Comment

Working...
                    X