Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Nathan Cleverly look today? I only caught a tiny bit of the beginning of the

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Nathan Cleverly look today? I only caught a tiny bit of the beginning of the

fight. He looked great to me in the first two rounds against a tough rugged opponent who was like a crappier version of Arthur Abraham at lhw.

He looked very good IMO. Murat has a great chin but the one sided beat down was enough for the doctor. Cleverly showed he can take some hard shots too and has the stamina to throw **** loads for the duration. Only negatives for me was that he was too eager to please. He wanted to beat Murat at his own game and he did to be fair. But Cleverly is a much much better boxer than that, im slightly concerned if he does that against the champs he could be in for some very hard fights.

Comment

He made a very solid opponent look ordinary. In my opinion, Cleverly showed why he is one of the best up and comers in the sport. He could have beat Murat quite easily by sitting behind his jab, stacking up the points, but he traded with a banger, and beat him at his own game. He also hurt Murat several times and showed he has genuine snap in his punches.

Very good performance, but he needs to know when to box, and when to fight. He took a few shots that he didn't need to. But his defence looked better than usual, and he will in no doubt improve in his next few fights.

Comment

Who has the brighter looking future, Nathan Cleverly or Kell Brook?

Comment

Originally posted by starkiller View Post
          hard to say brook is the better talent but cleverly looks like he would give alot of fighters problems not sure how he does against elite lhw's though.

Comment

Nathan Cleverly has that Calzaghe swagger about him, I think he'll do great. Not sure if he'll stay undefeated because thats a very hard task to do, but he'll do just great I think.

Comment

Originally posted by starkiller View Post
              Brook has the more solid style at the moment, he hardly broke a sweat against Jennings, totally in control
              Cleverly wanted to put a show on, and took a risk but he obviously had the confidence to trade and beat Murat up
              Need to see Brook in with some better competition now, and Cleverly needs to improve in areas before going to world level clearly
              He's definitely built to be a rangey fighter, but I think he throws enough punches, has a solid enough chin and great stamina to outwork opponents just like Calzaghe did.

Comment

He looked very very impressive. It was probably the wrong strategy, very risky, but fantastic to watch. He has great speed, combinations and accuracy and he's going to get better. A star in the making.

Comment

To be honest I dont rate Brook at all I don't know what everyone is talking about this kid so much, He can hit at a few angles but thats about it, Naz is talking about him fighting Manny.....Manny will take his head off in 2 rounds..Cleverly Mmmmmmm this guy has so much to offer he is a little rough round the edges but I can see this lad being Number in his division, He just needs a bit more training, But at 23 he has the time on his hands, He will be one of the uks best fighters in years to come no doubt

Comment

Cleverly looked fantastic, Macrinelli not so much...

Comment

Working...
                    X