No announcement yet.

Anyone watch the presser live: Cotto choosing not to face off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watch the presser live: Cotto choosing not to face off

anyone have any thoughts about Cotto not choosing to face off at the end of the LA presser? Seemed like he had no interest in it which prompt Mayorga to call him a p.ussy and whatnot

probably knew it would get physical

Comment

we'll see who is the p***y fight night.
      Last edited by Dale Cardon; 03-07-2011, 04:48 PM.

Comment

I only saw one picture but the vibe the picture gave me was weird (it was the one with Mayorga showing his abs).

There are two ways to look at it I guess: the positive one is that he is trying not to get into Mayorga games because even if it is a brawl as long as Cotto can keep his head he should be fine, The negative one would be Cotto is acting differently solely for Mayorga which could effect him mentally in the fight especially if things don't go according to plan.

Comment

oh I agree Cotto is a fkn beast and will bring it regardless just wondering if it kind of plays into Mayorga's tactics at all

Comment

I hope that's a sign that he is simply not playing into the mind games. The last time I saw that was Tarver-Hopkins and the Magic Man was beaten mentally before he ever stepped in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              I hope that's a sign that he is simply not playing into the mind games. The last time I saw that was Tarver-Hopkins and the Magic Man was beaten mentally before he ever stepped in the ring.
              I'm leaning towards that. Cotto's never been one to accentuate the pre fight hype more than handling business in the ring, which I think he'll do Sat night.

Comment

Interesting, Miguel seems like an all about business no flash kind of fighter, he probably doesn't care what Mayorga does outside the ring.

Comment

Not really sure what to make of it. What do you think Eaner?

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                    I'm leaning towards that. Cotto's never been one to accentuate the pre fight hype more than handling business in the ring, which I think he'll do Sat night.
                    no and I think it's merely Cotto not wanting to deal with the aspect that Mayorga will start something but he has never done that before

Comment

Working...
                    X