Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: K2's Loeffler on Golovkin’s Next Move at 160, Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: K2's Loeffler on Golovkin’s Next Move at 160, Andre Ward

Middleweight titleholder Gennady Golovkin continues to impress the boxing world one ruthless demolition at a time.

According to Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions, who handles the rising star, the road ahead for the native of Kazakhstan couldn’t be brighter after a fifth-round knockout of top 10 contender Gregorsz Proksa three weeks ago in front of the HBO cameras.

“It was a great debut for him over here on the United States on HBO,” Loeffler told BoxingScene.com. “He would really love to fight any middleweight or junior middleweight out there.” [Click Here To Read More]

He said hed fight anybody at 160 and hed fight Andre Ward. Hes going to mess around and make me a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
      He said hed fight anybody at 160 and hed fight Andre Ward. Hes going to mess around and make me a fan.
      Saying and doing are two totally different things, though for some reason I believe him, I think GGG is the real deal. I still think Ward boxes his ears off, Martinez whips him up, and a few others will give him quite a bit of problems.

Just being able to crack isn't the end all in boxing, we havn't seen him faced with much adversity and I think Proksa is a C+ level fighter. Don't count your chickens before they hatch...

Comment

Give him kirkland or cotto

Comment

Originally posted by chucky4u6 View Post
          Give him kirkland or cotto
          Id rather see Canelo vs either one of those two. Gennady could take care of Matthew Macklin then Daniel Geale, then move on to better opposition.

Comment

I dont think a fight with Andre would be smart at this point, IMO he would get outboxed and he is just starting to get recognition.

He needs someone who can make him look good and launch him to the next level, a fight with Macklin sounds about right, any super six fighter against GGG would be really interesting. I would also like to see him fight someone like Kelly Pavlik i think that would be great matchup.

Comment

Remember after GGG won his fight and the boards exploded with threads about him. Mainly GGG vs. Floyd threads. And here we are, we get some good news regarding Golovkin and then this thread gets 6 responses and 22 views.

Its making me realize that they were never true fans to begin with.

Fickle NSB fans at best.

Comment

Agree. GGG vs Macklin sounds about perfect right now. Both coming off impressive wins. Not the biggest test out, but good enough to know if he belongs among the elite, or if he's just a hard hitter with absolutely no defense.

LOL. He has absolutely no defense what so ever, and is constantly off balance. But he has George Foreman like power for the MW division, and has a very good chin.

Comment

Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
                  Agree. GGG vs Macklin sounds about perfect right now.
                  I disagree - golovkin vs. geale would be the logical next step.

If golovkin wins (and I'm convinced he will) then let him fight chavez or martinez, or first chavez and then martinez. though I don't think golovkin vs. chavez will even be close.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolor View Post
                    I disagree - golovkin vs. geale would be the logical next step.

If golovkin wins (and I'm convinced he will) then let him fight chavez or martinez, or first chavez and then martinez. though I don't think golovkin vs. chavez will even be close.
                    You gotta play the old game of, one upping the guy you wanna fight.

Ex. Floyd beats Hatton, Pac makes it looks even easier.

It's to build up that drama. If he absolutely crushes Macklin, people will start talking, and that will get Martinez's attention even more.

Edit: You really think Chavez will fight GGG after he beats Geale??? Jigga please. I might go as far to say, Martinez might duck GGG, if he beats Geale.
                    Last edited by timboslice708; 09-20-2012, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X