No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward vs Dawon 24/7 Will Debut on August 25th, HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ward vs Dawon 24/7 Will Debut on August 25th, HBO

HBO Sports, known for its innovative, award-winning productions, sets the stage for the September super middleweight title fight between Andre Ward and Chad Dawson with the documentary special 24/7 ROAD TO WARD/DAWSON debuts SATURDAY, AUG. 25 (midnight-12:30 a.m. ET/PT), exclusively on HBO.

Other HBO playdates: Aug. 26 (11:00 a.m.), 27 (12:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m., midnight), 30 (2:45 a.m.) and 31 (7:30 p.m.), and Sept. 1 (10:30 a.m., 12:20 a.m.), 4 (1:55 a.m.), 6 (1:30 p.m., 10:00 p.m.) and 8 (11:15 a.m.)

HBO2 playdates: Aug. 28 (4:15 p.m.) and 30 (10:30 p.m.), and Sept. 7 (10:30 p.m.)

The special will also be available on HBO On DemandŽ and HBO GOŽ.

24/7 ROAD TO WARD/DAWSON introduces fans to two of the world's top ten prizefighters: undefeated Oakland native Andre Ward (25-0, 13 KOs) and New Haven, Conn. product Chad Dawson (31-1, 17 KOs), who will meet in a 12-round title showdown, to be presented on Saturday, Sept. 8 on HBO. The 30-minute special offers an inside look at the preparations as the best fighters from 168-pound and 175-pound divisions head toward their intriguing confrontation.

[Click Here To Read More]

This is one 24/7 I will make sure not to miss if for no other reason than to add my receiver to HBO's tally.

Ward needs to get caught at a bank hold up or with a trunk full of baby heads or something...

Comment

Fresh faces,2 top fighters in the sport,i love it

Comment

it's good to see HBO investing in two young stars but seriously Andre Ward doesn't have the style to be a huge star, neither does Dawson really. from a casual fan's POV it'll probably be a boring fight

however

I'm glad HBO is catering to the fans of the sport and not just casual fans.

Comment

They better show some damn sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            They better show some damn sparring.
            was just going to say that

Comment

should be good, I know Ward Camp will be entertaining, him and Virgil Hunter are very classy guys and know a lot about the sport of boxing

Dawson is somewhat of a UNKNOWN to be honest, this is chance for people to get to know more about him because he comes off as a very quiet guy and doesn't show much emotions or personality what so ever but he is a BEAST IN THAT RING!

Still a 50/50 fight for me, I honestly don't know who to go with or who will win, It depends on how Dawson looks at 168

Comment

this is the most important fight of the year

the recent accomplishments of andre ward are lightyears beyond the recent accomplishments of floyd mayweather jr

it's mayweather jr's status as the former king / co king with pacquiao that keeps him out front in the eyes of most. he's earned his way to the top, and somebody is going to have to knock him off. some people look at p4p spots that way and i'm usually OK with it. unless floyd drops off and looks horrible and only keeps his record because he's fighting cans then it's obviously appropriate to knock him down or off the list. i think, like almost all of the great fighters, floyd will eventually lose. if he stops within a few fights perhaps he'll remain undefeated, but time is catching up with him. his legs arent what they once were. neither are his reflexes.

kessler, green, bika, abraham, froch, and dawson if he can get a W over him.

that's better than de la hoya, hatton, marquez, mosley, ortiz, and cotto.

the names on floyd's resume are very nice (marquez, de la hoya, mosley, are sure fire hall of famers. cotto and hatton will probably get in,) but floyd fought most of them at the tail end of their careers. marquez is a lightweight. froch and kessler went on to get big wins after they lost to ward, and were on very good runs before they fought him.
                Last edited by New England; 07-26-2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bare knuckle View Post
                  Fresh faces,2 top fighters in the sport,i love it

out with the old and in with the new.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
                    it's good to see HBO investing in two young stars but seriously Andre Ward doesn't have the style to be a huge star, neither does Dawson really.
                    All Andre Ward does is win. If he keeps doing that against top level competition then you can't really ask for more.

Not everyone is going to be a Mike Tyson type of fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X