No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ponce Welcomes Gary Russell Jr. Clash, Talks Gonzalez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ponce Welcomes Gary Russell Jr. Clash, Talks Gonzalez

Daniel Ponce De Leon once again became a world champion as he defeated Jhonny Gonzalez in September and captured the WBC Featherweight title. The fight ended when a clash of heads caused a deep cut above Gonzalez’s right eye and the fight went to the scorecards.

A second fight is sure to happen as there was a rematch clause and Gonzalez has said he plans to exercise it.

BoxingScene caught up with Ponce De Leon and asked if a rematch with Gonzalez was a fight he still wanted to take.

[Click Here To Read More]

Hahaha .. get ready for Broner comparisons based on how well Russell performs in this fight.

From what I've seen, Russell has just as much talent as Broner, but with a completely different style.

I'd love to see Russell/Broner once Russell gets some meaningful wins under his belt.

If Gamboa, Donaire, Russell and Broner could all get in or around the same division, that could be the future Fab Four.

Comment

Russell is a good fighter, but he's a little too small to be going after Broner right now, plus they got the same manager in Al Haymon so I doubt that fight happens either way...

Comment

Good step up for Russel.

Hope it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
          Hahaha .. get ready for Broner comparisons based on how well Russell performs in this fight.

From what I've seen, Russell has just as much talent as Broner, but with a completely different style.

I'd love to see Russell/Broner once Russell gets some meaningful wins under his belt.

If Gamboa, Donaire, Russell and Broner could all get in or around the same division, that could be the future Fab Four.
          I don't think Russell/broner will ever fight,broner will probably move up to 140 after a couple of fights,russell fighting ponce and becoming a champ at 126,russells frame doesn't look like broners

Comment

De leon is a real warrior but Russell is a pure boxer..I will favor russell jr in this one..

Comment

Make it happen......

Comment

Russell would be a very tough fight for Ponce, he should be looking to take that rematch first because he matches up well with Gonzalez and maybe put Russell on that undercard to build that match-up.

Comment

would be a very entertaining scrap. hope it materializes.

Comment

I was expecting a barn burner with the Gonzalez/Ponce fight. Both guys respected each others power and Ponce can be offensive from the outside with his herky jerky style.

Would like to see any of those two guys against Russel to see if he is the real deal.

Comment

Working...
                    X