No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vargas vs. Martinez ESPN2 TV Results From Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vargas vs. Martinez ESPN2 TV Results From Las Vegas

By Jake Donovan - Jose Felix Jr. survived a mid-fight knockdown to outwork former standout prospect Luis Cruz in their 10-round televised co-feature.

Scores were 96-94 (twice) and 97-92 in their super featherweight bout. The decision was met with mixed reviews, but was the right call. [Click Here To Read More]

I'm sure PRBOXINGCOTTO is crying like a little baby now that his darling Luis Cruz was schooled by a 20 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      I'm sure PRBOXINGCOTTO is crying like a little baby now that his darling Luis Cruz was schooled by a 20 year old.
      That 20 year old looked good. He has a lot of talent that can be exploited with the right trainer. Cruz looked rusty as hell, seems like inactivity affected him. When he pressed the action, he had the better part but then stalled and went to survival mode, like waiting for the bell.

Rnd. 6 on Vargas vs Martinez, they have hit each other even with their shoes and there is not one mark on either's face. Zero power!:*******:

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
        That 20 year old looked good. He has a lot of talent that can be exploited with the right trainer
        LOTS of skills for a 20 year old....he is going somewhere for sure.

Comment

96-94? Judge must've still been watching the undercard fight.

Comment

I hate to criticize Teddy Atlas, most of the time he calls a good fight, but sometimes, he gets on my nerves. Early on, up till the fifth round' while Felix was jabbing and boxing, Teddy was all atwitter about Cruz and said several times that Cruz was being smart, professional and keeping his distance. You can't win a fight keeping your distance, especially if the other guys has reach. It escaped Teddy's keen eye that Felix was shooting a hard jab with a straight right as soon as Cruz got close, and hooked him, almost every time, on the way out. Well yeah, it's smart to avoid getting your butt whooped.

Comment

Yeah, it annoyed me how they were giving Cruz too much credit. If it came down to who fought better comp then why have fights? Many said Mosley would lose to Oscar based on that in the first fight. It is not a competition of a fighters opponents, it is the fighters themselves....WHO THE BETTER GUY IS! Many times talent overcomes experience.

Comment

Working...
              X