No announcement yet.

Will both Klitschkos get in the HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will both Klitschkos get in the HOF?

I was recently reading though some all threads after the Peter fight, and people said that Vitali getting in the HOF depended on what he did after winning the title, so now that he has defended it for a few times (every time against top HWs, no easy fights), what do you think?

i think both Klitschkos should get in there.

its not their fault its a weak division,
    and its not like their struggling to beat their opposition, they crush and humiliate them. they do exactly what champions are supposed to do. totally dominant.

short: they should definately be in the HOF.

Comment

The division isn't so bad, it just SEEMS that way because the Klitschkos are so dominant.

They are both ATGs and will get in the HOF.

Comment

Yeah. Sure they dominated a week division, but that is why they will not be considered top 10 hw's.
        They are HOF for sure.

Comment

ye they should

the division is shit but thats not their fault and they do dominate it

Comment

They will without question get in the HOF, and in my view both are ATG HWs because they will always be compared to ATG HWs of the past due to their commonality with them that being, they dominated the era in which they competed in.

Comment

Hell no, not in my opinion. They're both stiff, upright, mechanical. It's effective against the kind of lard ass, unmotivated opponents they face, but it wouldn't be against a HW with a pulse. Imagine putting them in with prime Tyson? They're lumbering fighters who leave their chin hanging out to dry, it just never gets exposed (well, it did by Sanders and Brewster, in the case of Wlad). There doesn't seem to be any grace of technical ability. They both have big right hands; I like Wladimir's left hook too. I haven't seen them able to overcome any real challenge. Vitali quit with his shoulder vs Byrd. He lost to Lewis; who knows how the fight would have turned out, Lewis was clearly out of shape - career high weight? I believe - and still landed power shot after power shot in a real scrap with Vitali. Wlad's been twice smoked by non stellar opponents. Neither of them have a truly noteworthy win

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
                Hell no, not in my opinion. They're both stiff, upright, mechanical. It's effective against the kind of lard ass, unmotivated opponents they face, but it wouldn't be against a HW with a pulse. Imagine putting them in with prime Tyson? They're lumbering fighters who leave their chin hanging out to dry, it just never gets exposed (well, it did by Sanders and Brewster, in the case of Wlad). There doesn't seem to be any grace of technical ability. They both have big right hands; I like Wladimir's left hook too. I haven't seen them able to overcome any real challenge. Vitali quit with his shoulder vs Byrd. He lost to Lewis; who knows how the fight would have turned out, Lewis was clearly out of shape - career high weight? I believe - and still landed power shot after power shot in a real scrap with Vitali. Wlad's been twice smoked by non stellar opponents. Neither of them have a truly noteworthy win
                You mean like the one who fought Buster Douglas?

*waits for the excuses.

One thing I wonder too is, after another decade or so, when HW boxing will probably be dominated by Eastern Europeans again (since most of the top prospects seem to come from there, along with a couple of cubans), will people still be bitching about the division? I think there are tough times for you haters ahead.
                Last edited by Pirao; 03-03-2010, 09:17 AM.

Comment

They should. They beat everyone worth beating in their time.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
                    They should. They beat everyone worth beating in their time.
                    Which was no one.

Pirao; I dont need to enlighten you with 'excuses', every boxing fan with a brain knows Tyson was beset by all kinds of personal and legal problems prior to that bout.

Comment

Working...
                    X