Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > The Monk
Conversation Between The Monk and Oasis_Lad
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 22
  1. The Monk
    10-22-2010 08:29 PM
    The Monk
    ROFLCOPTER!!!!!

There be some crazy dudes on this forum, ya dig?

smh, sickening
  2. Oasis_Lad
    10-22-2010 08:25 PM
    Oasis_Lad
    We be getting wiv da troof, *****!

Lang is my thang, ya hurr?!?

As for Rizo: I think he's a mad genius pretending to stupid, and that loves yanking chains, both Literally and physically.

LAUGH OUT LOUD. LOL.
  3. The Monk
    10-22-2010 08:21 PM
    The Monk
    Couldn't agree more.

I have nothing against religion, I know my posts might suggest otherwise! I just hate when kids are indoctrinated. I was lucky enough to be encouraged to think for myself...sadly this is not always the case.

Anyway, what is going on with Rizo? Lang is getting deep.
  4. Oasis_Lad
    10-22-2010 08:16 PM
    Oasis_Lad
    Aye - saw it.

Disturbing, the number of schools popping up based purely on faith.

Nothing against people having faith or believing in a higher power, but when you try to push it on others, and certainly trying to misuse education and what it means to push an agenda, is certainly disturbing.

Get an education yourself. An education based on observable facts. AND if you still believe in a higher power? Then fine. You'll have the understanding enough - surely - that you may not be correct.

So leave others be.
  5. The Monk
    10-22-2010 08:08 PM
    The Monk
    My mate is a teacher, if you hear some of the stuff he says you'd be shocked.

Did you watch Richard Dawkins program called Faith School Menace? that **** was veeeeery interesting.
  6. Oasis_Lad
    10-22-2010 08:03 PM
    Oasis_Lad
    Education - in it's purest sense - is something everyone should be acclimatised to. But, sadly...... The standards of education have dropped significantly.

Nowadays, any Tom, Dick, Or Harry can obtain a degree from any old College that used to be a Garage.

Have you ever actually met a "Teacher" that taught you anything, and didn't just regurgitate **** from a textbook?
  7. The Monk
    10-22-2010 07:54 PM
    The Monk
    I neglected the sciences at A-level concentrating on the arts, which I wish I hadn't now. It was at uni though where I found myself becoming interested in science, due in part to the debate on this forum. I hope maths isn't that important to understanding because I was useless at it!

The lad who excelled in my maths class is working in Argos now...my school was kind of ****ty though.
  8. Oasis_Lad
    10-22-2010 07:47 PM
    Oasis_Lad
    I'm an admittedly Lay-chap meself on the subject, but like yourself - I find it fascinating.

Physics was a subject I enjoyed in School, but Mathematics wasn't, and to truly follow Physics.... you can't not acknowledge both.

Funny though isn't it, that most of the people in your Maths Class that excelled didn't become Physicists, but became IT Workers?

Life is cruel.
  9. The Monk
    10-22-2010 07:40 PM
    The Monk
    I can't say I know much to be honest Laddie. It is a subject which interests me immensely though. I'll have a watch of the Youtue series you've introduced me to and see what I can understand of it.
  10. Oasis_Lad
    10-22-2010 07:30 PM
    Oasis_Lad
    You into Physics, Monky-poos?

I could listen to Weinberg all day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNpiX...eature=channel

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.