Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > squealpiggy
Conversation Between squealpiggy and baddest
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 13
  1. squealpiggy
    01-26-2011 01:48 PM
    squealpiggy
    If you want job security get a trade. Electrician, plumber, carpenter, something like that.
  2. baddest
    01-26-2011 01:24 PM
    baddest
    But if the things for the most part that you enjoy are in the liberal arts(philosophy, history, etc) have degrees you can do nothing with except teach what are the alternatives? Do you know any good jobs that pay well for a philosophy or history major?

And then I also have to factor in job security which I imagine will be HUGELY important in the future when the impending crises' in my nation America finally have to be addressed
  3. squealpiggy
    01-11-2011 11:31 PM
    squealpiggy
    You have to strike a balance - in other words you have to have a level of income that can support you but remember that if you loathe your job you will be doing that for the majority of the time that you are awake. If you're looking for a long term career it's best to find something you can be happy doing in a field that will pay.
  4. baddest
    01-11-2011 06:53 PM
    baddest
    what do you think is more important when determining your career, job/employee satisfaction or salary/income?
  5. squealpiggy
    08-12-2010 04:40 AM
    squealpiggy
    It's an interesting article, but my one gripe is that it sort of echoes a sentiment expressed by every single generation since eve bit the apple (hahaha)... that the next generation have it easy and should darned well grow up and be miserable like we are!

There is some truth to it but I still think that entrepreneurism is not, as the article suggests, about satisfying an existing need in return for a profit. Entrepreneurs have always thrived on inventing needs that didn't exist and marketing a product to remedy that.
  6. baddest
    08-12-2010 04:10 AM
    baddest
    squealpiggy what do you think of this article?
    http://www.amconmag.com/article/2007/may/07/00007/

I'm deeply interested in this concept of infantilization & never fully researched consumer capitalism. Seems quite apt to the time we live in and I'm wondering if this was intentional social engineering or unconscious effect of the gradual evolution of global capitalism?
  7. squealpiggy
    08-04-2010 05:56 AM
    squealpiggy
    nonstampcollector I think you mean. He's Australian.
  8. baddest
    08-04-2010 02:08 AM
    baddest
    yo can you tell me the name of the atheist dude that makes those animations on youtube? thanks
  9. baddest
    09-22-2009 02:35 AM
    baddest
    your back!
  10. squealpiggy
    01-29-2009 04:46 AM
    squealpiggy
    Are you jealous? Lulz...

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.