Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Go Back   Boxing Forum > -Kev-
Conversation Between -Kev- and sukhenkoy
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. sukhenkoy
    02-26-2013 06:55 PM
    Sure did. I took it a year ago, and I don't think it was my easiest class either. Make sure you don't completely brush it off, though, because it appears on the CPA exam.
  2. -Kev-
    02-26-2013 02:20 PM
    You ever taken Business Law?

Well, I took that class this semester as my "easy class", my pit stop basically. It turned out to be the hardest class
  3. -Kev-
    08-19-2012 12:26 AM
    I'm in NYC, my goal is not Big 4 either. I don't know why but I really want a government job even though they're supposedly not the best. I'd like something like the DoD[DCAA], IRS or IRS-CI[criminal investigation].

Let me guess, you go to the best business school in Washington DC, Georgetown University? Lol just a guess. It's pretty pricey though. If not, what school do you go to? I'm planning on transferring to SUNY-UBuffalo. I'd love to go to Columbia U, Cornell or NYU but I can not afford them even with the maximum amount of Aid, scholarships and loans per year.

You're way ahead of me man, 21 and already gonna have your BS. I'm 23 and a freshman, of course with lots of surgical interruptions and just plain poor choices in my part as well.

Oh, i'm definitely planning on getting my CPA too. But you know, i'm so far away, gotta take it one day at a time.
  4. sukhenkoy
    08-19-2012 12:09 AM
    I am in DC - yeah. I actually have an internship in DC right now for a not-for-profit organization.

I definitely plan on getting my CPA after graduating, and I highly suggest you do the same. Everyone in the accounting field stresses the importance of the CPA in guaranteeing future success in the field.

I'm finishing up my Bachelor's degree right now, and I'm double-majoring in both accounting and finance. I like the accounting side of finance more (as opposed to the investments side), so I'd ideally like to work as a financial manager in the future. In essence, I'd like to be in complete charge of the finances for an organization.

I'd prefer to work as a financial analyst for a big company, but not the Big Four. However, I will say that I would take a position with one of the Big Four if I received a good offer. I just will likely not be pursuing them as my first choice.
  5. -Kev-
    08-18-2012 11:57 PM
    So you're in DC? That's one of the best areas for Accounting jobs isn't it? As well as NYC.

Are you doing a Bachelor's or Master's? Will you get your CPA, and what is your dream job, Big 4, any accounting firm, or government job?
  6. sukhenkoy
    07-14-2012 09:37 PM
    Good stuff. Good luck with your accounting degree, -Kev-.
  7. -Kev-
    07-14-2012 08:08 PM
    I see you're doing accounting too. Remember me, the math idiot? I'm doing accounting too.

Cookie Policy - Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2015 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.