Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > dans
Conversation Between dans and JBell11
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 15
  1. JBell11
    06-22-2010 09:24 AM
    JBell11
    Me too...I was really pulling for the Celtics. I honestly think the Celtics had beaten themselves. They should be proud, it's a great team.

Yes! The world cup is such an event, I've always enjoyed it. I'm rooting for Mexico (I'm mexican american). The team is average, historically we've made it to the 16th round but always choke. Mexico plays Uruguay today, it's suppose to be a tough match up.

HAHA, to be quite honest, I never really liked Manfredo. It's unfortunate that there haven't been any decent cards. I do enjoy watching the cards in the San Juan gym in Hartford.

Anyway be easy homie!
  2. dans
    06-19-2010 07:54 PM
    dans
    Same here man. As a Celtics fan, it was crushing to see a game 7 loss. I still think they have a lot to be proud of.

I'm following the Cup too, but I have to say a lot of games have disappointed so far. Aside from the US, I was pulling for the African teams, but looks like only Ghana has a chance to do anything. It's such a great event though.

I haven't seen any decent boxing cards in our area either, which has been annoying. I can only go see Peter Manfredo so many times.
  3. JBell11
    06-18-2010 06:18 PM
    JBell11
    I'm alright. Maintaining. I agree aside from a few fights.
    The Final (NBA) was pretty cool. Currently following the World Cup.
  4. dans
    06-18-2010 12:17 PM
    dans
    Not too much. I haven't been on here much of late. This summer is kind of dead for boxing, outside of a few events.

How's it going?
  5. JBell11
    06-18-2010 08:59 AM
    JBell11
    What up homie, I hope all is well...
  6. JBell11
    10-16-2009 01:21 PM
    JBell11
    Interesting! I think Dawson definitely had volume going for him, but I saw Johnson landing cleaner shots, which ultimately wobbled him in the later rounds. It's been awhile though, I might want to review the fight again. I agree, I think Angulo is entertaining to watch too, he's fighting that kid that knocked out Ronald Hearns.
  7. dans
    10-16-2009 01:08 PM
    dans
    See I thought Dawson won the first fight even though it was really close and Glen had the bigger moments. I think Chad wins clearly this time. For $35 it's a steal. Angulo is on the undercard too and he's always entertaining. I can't wait.
  8. JBell11
    10-16-2009 11:33 AM
    JBell11
    Straight up, the first fight was entertaining, IMO I thought Glen won. But I like both fighters, I think Dawson has grown alot. You can't go wrong with a fight for $35, a fight with a a guy who has alot of potential, and another guy who knocked out Roy Jones cold???!!!
  9. dans
    10-16-2009 11:11 AM
    dans
    Right. It's like they threw Dawson a bone by having the fight in Hartford. It's almost like they want to get it out of the way so they can continue fighting in Vegas.

What I don't get is some of these people in the Northeast I've talked to that aren't going. A buddy of mine on here Egreezy lives in CT and has a Chad Dawson sig but he said he's not going. Instead he's going to Williams-Pavlik. I'm like "take that sig off", a real fan would suck it up spend the $35 and go to both.

Good to hear someone in this state cares.
  10. JBell11
    10-16-2009 10:43 AM
    JBell11
    Hahaha foreal.
    At the presser, Gary Shaw had the nerve to be like " If we don't get good numbers, we're not coming back" I'm like how about you do your job and promote the fight, stupid!

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.