Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Silencers
Conversation Between Silencers and Dynamite Kid
Showing Visitor Messages 81 to 82 of 82
  1. Silencers
    07-22-2010 11:04 PM
    Silencers
    I think it's a technique that Steward taught him, I mean Hearns used to knock guys out with his right hand when his right hand was positioned around his chest area. Klitschko does put his right hand by his face, but mainly when his opponents try to throw hooks at him, which is what quite a few Kronk fighters used to do. I think he's so effective with that right hand because of the way he puts his whole body into the shot when he does throw it with full power, you can see the way he pivots his back foot and hips, devastating stuff.

Plus he has very quick hands for such a big guy, his quickness and the way he puts his weight behind his shots make it even more devastating.
  2. Dynamite Kid
    07-22-2010 05:51 PM
    Dynamite Kid
    Something i wanted to ask you, you have a keen eye for this sort of thing, have you noticed how Wladmir holds his right hand out infront, as appose to holding it near his ear or his chin? at first glance you would think that would lose him power when he throws the right hand because he is not getting that full range of motion that you get when the right comes across your chest, you know, when your able to twist that back leg into the punch, dont know if he adjusts it when looking for power punches with that hand, just thought id bring it up as i noticed it, what ever the case maybe, he still seems to knock people out with it.

I seem to recall Don Curry used to hold his hand out infront, i always felt that is why his counter left hook was so good, what do you make of this, and have you noticed it before?

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.