Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Hidden
Conversation Between Hidden and Hougigo
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 15
  1. Hidden
    10-20-2012 06:51 AM
    Hidden
    So the fight should be cancelled because if not then double standards are in play, or are you saying you want the fight to go on, but just pointing out double standards.
  2. Hougigo
    10-20-2012 06:46 AM
    Hougigo
    No, that double standards are in play.
    I would have preferred the Berto fight to go on.
  3. Hidden
    10-20-2012 06:39 AM
    Hidden
    So your belief is that the fight should be cancelled to match the punishment Berto had, or because of his A sample showing positive?
  4. Hougigo
    10-20-2012 06:36 AM
    Hougigo
    1. He used a supplement not covered by Conte
    2. Nandrolone is a steroid, if you're talking about what Morales tested for, it's an anabolic agent.
    3. Berto tested for nandrolone in the trillionth range, such a minuscule amount that there's no way he took it with intent and it's consistent with contamination.
  5. Hidden
    10-20-2012 06:26 AM
    Hidden
    So Berto should have somewhat of an idea of what he took during the month he passed and the month he failed.

And I haven't read anything that correlates nandrolone with steroids. You also mention it stays in the body very long. So what does that leave us with?

Faulty in the tests conducted, or the amount was so minuscule that the first test picked it up, and the remaining lasting traces were gone in time for the B sample?
  6. Hougigo
    10-20-2012 06:06 AM
    Hougigo
    Prior to his contamination he tested clean. After his contamination his A and B samples were negative.
    Nandrolone stays in the body for months, longest lasting steroid known to man.
  7. Hidden
    10-20-2012 06:01 AM
    Hidden
    Berto tested clean a month before he was caught?

And your last comment was worded kinda weirdly, from what I took of it you're asking how did nandrolone stay in Berto's body??
  8. Hougigo
    10-20-2012 05:58 AM
    Hougigo
    Berto tested clean a month prior to the contamination. How would his A and B samples test negative when Nandrolone is one of the longest lasting steroids that stays in the body's system for months?
  9. Hidden
    10-20-2012 05:53 AM
    Hidden
    Well that seems to be the general consensus here, I've been compared to hitler for bringing it up by some. Anyway I understand what you're saying. But my issue is that you're trying to categorize these two separate situations within each other, while one was different in one important way. And that important difference was based solely based on that B sample coming back negative. If Morales has absolutely NO TRACE of any banned substances in his body, why should the fight not go on?

They even announced that if he HAD tested positive then the fight would be off (obviously) but that wasn't the case.

Berto failed the A and B sample, which means the steroids were in his body, even what little amount it was.
  10. Hougigo
    10-20-2012 05:47 AM
    Hougigo
    When have I ever implied that skin color or race was involved?
    Both men were tested for trace amounts of a banned substance. Both men have reasons of contamination that are consistent with other cases in the past.
    One man is given the hook, the other man isn't.
    Both men have tested for banned substances in their bodies.
    People are not upholding the same standards when they compare a fighter they like to one they don't care about.

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.