Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Megamasterking
Conversation Between Megamasterking and futureofboxing
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Megamasterking
    07-27-2010 12:41 AM
    Megamasterking
    I wanted to open a gym, the place was great with mirrors on all the walls, sauna, it was the perfect place but the rent was $3000. A Boxing gym is not the place to make money but i don't want to lose everything i have ! I like to help the young boxers and give them good advice about techniques and sparring... about my amateur career the main problem was that nobody wanted to fight me. Their trainers would come in the gym, watch me and start to scream that they want to cancel the fight ! One said to my trainer: are you crazy ! Another time, the boxer didn't come to fight... I got tired of it, i wanted to do 50 fights, but couldn't cause boxing was dead in Montreal in those days. I did 18 fights and won all of them. One boxer did a crack in one of my canine ! He was very strong but easy to hit... after the fight he said that he had never been hit so hard ! Actually, i saw in his eyes that he was surprise by that shot ! So, that's about it, i hope you can find LE STEAK !
  2. futureofboxing
    07-25-2010 07:27 PM
    futureofboxing
    Wow that is intense yeah I will for sure look for that movie. You should start training boxers man you would make an awesome trainer and give young kids the right stance and instructions. How many amateur fights do you think you had?
  3. Megamasterking
    07-25-2010 05:30 PM
    Megamasterking
    Long story, first i had the skills, i was faster and stronger than many pros... That's when a pro trainer came to me and ask me if he could trained me, of course i said yes. The problem was, at the time you couldnt make a living out of boxing, even for a national champ ! So i decided with the help of some old experts of boxing to not turn pro... Try to find the documantary LE STEAK, its a true story about a boxer " Gaetan Hart " from Montreal. My trainer is also the trainer of the canadian champ Michel Galarneau, who fights against Hart in the documentary ! Im not sure if its in English, cause in Montreal we speak French... You will understand my decision if you can find that documentary. I met Gaetan Hart, he was a very nice person. Tragically, he killed a man in the ring, and put another one in a wheel chair for the rest of his life. He went at the Funeral and you can see that he had a lot of respect for the boxer he killed and his family...
  4. futureofboxing
    07-25-2010 04:34 AM
    futureofboxing
    Cool thanks man, did you have a lot of amateur fights? did you go pro?

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.