Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > UglyPug
Conversation Between UglyPug and squealpiggy
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 33
  1. UglyPug
    12-14-2012 06:35 AM
    UglyPug
    Meh, that's a copout to me, Piglet. A man should be judged on his qualifications for the job - straight up. I think this whole notion of institutional racism is blown out of proportion. I'd bet just about anything blacks are over-represented in government jobs, and public universities. . .
  2. squealpiggy
    12-14-2012 06:23 AM
    squealpiggy
    There's a simple fact that black people find it harder to be employed because of the colour of their skin. And in some fields the colour of your skin is a qualification in itself. Policing for example. Even law.
  3. UglyPug
    12-14-2012 06:19 AM
    UglyPug
    Haha you are Peter March (canadian professor)!
  4. UglyPug
    12-14-2012 06:18 AM
    UglyPug
    Then why is it that middle and even upper-middle class people benefit from it just as much, if not more than those from disadvantages families, and communities? And what about disadvantged white people - why can't they just base it on socioeconomic factors, rather than immutable characteristics? Woulnd't that make more sense?
  5. squealpiggy
    12-14-2012 06:15 AM
    squealpiggy
    The whole point behind affirmative action is that it overcomes the disadvantages that are endured by the nonwhite population, disadvantages that are typically associated with economic situations.
  6. UglyPug
    12-14-2012 06:11 AM
    UglyPug
    Haha yes you appear to keep a calm demeanor, but you work yourself up into a lather at times! why did you dodge my question about affirmative action? How is that not racist? Judging one differently because of the color of their skin - that's pretty much what racism really is (unless you believe the afrocentrist definition).
  7. squealpiggy
    12-14-2012 05:53 AM
    squealpiggy
    I'm perfectly calm.
  8. UglyPug
    12-14-2012 02:39 AM
    UglyPug
    PIGLET - how are you able to work yourself up into such a fine lather when debating?
  9. UglyPug
    09-21-2012 08:55 PM
    UglyPug
    SQUEAL PIGLET! haha I am back . . . Ready to debunk you at any turn. . .
  10. squealpiggy
    03-13-2012 08:03 AM
    squealpiggy
    One of us has the other on ignore. You may draw your conclusions from that.

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.