Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > IronDanHamza
Conversation Between IronDanHamza and New England
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 16
  1. IronDanHamza
    06-19-2013 06:51 PM
    IronDanHamza
    I think he's pretty good.

I've only seen the Campillo fight, they showed it recently on UK TV and I caught it.

He looked exceptional, very good. But like I said that's the only fight I've seen of his.

A fight between him and Hopkins would be good. Certainly a lot better than Cloud who frankly is one of the worst "world class" fighters I have ever seen.
  2. New England
    06-19-2013 05:20 PM
    New England
    what do you think of kovalev?

he flew a little under the radar when he was coming up. he looked a beast against campillo, and though his last opponent (Cornelius white was the name, i think) wasn't anybody of note, he looked scary. he's quicker than i thought he'd be. a lot quicker. and he throws five or six punches at once. if he can do that for 12 rounds he'll outwork hopkins at the least.
  3. New England
    06-04-2013 09:03 PM
    New England
    that sounds amazing. i remember your history section post saying hearns wasn't very nice , but i'm glad everybody else was cool and hanging out.

i'm gonna be @ the mgm as well. i'm hoping many of the luminaries will be back out for this one. hopefully i'll get a chance to shake a few hands. i get to some of the big fights in new england and new york, but this will be my first bonafide "big fight."

it's gonna be me and my dad. in the states we have "father's day," and this is my way of thanking him for being my go to guy for the last 26 years.
  4. IronDanHamza
    06-04-2013 08:40 PM
    IronDanHamza
    My guess is at worst, they will be the same. But the chances are they will be more expensive as this fight is a lot bigger.

I can't even fathom the turnout for this fight. The Mayweather-Guererro fight was big fight obviosly because it's Floyd but I wasn't expecting the weigh-in to be as rammed packed as it was. Hell, the MGM did an open training session thing for every fighter on the card apart from the main event so Mares, De Leon, Rosado, Love, Santa Cruz etc did a bit of pads in the on show ring in the lobby and the turn out was insane. That's the magnitude of these fights.

Met so many people out there, met everyone on the card expect Floyd and Guererro, Broner, Hearns, Roger Mayweather, Floyd Sr, Trout, Rafael Garica, Richard Schaefer, and many more. All just hanging around the MGM.
  5. New England
    06-04-2013 08:33 PM
    New England
    awesome, man. thanks for the insight. i'm glad you enjoyed fight week for mayweather guerrero. that must have been tremendous. it doesn't look like the prices have been released yet, so i guess that will determine where i end up. the pre release ticket prices are nuts .
  6. IronDanHamza
    06-04-2013 08:13 PM
    IronDanHamza
    Oh, and it's only a 15k Arena. It's a small venue.

No matter where you sit, you have a decent view of the ring.

But I would suggest to sit as close as you can afford. Just makes the experience better.
  7. IronDanHamza
    06-04-2013 08:10 PM
    IronDanHamza
    I'm pondering whether to go too. The wife wants me to pay for her and I'm not sure I'm up for it I'm still undecided.

Well, now Mayweather's at the level he is, the fight tickets are utter extortion now.

I went to Mayweather-Mosley, and the pricing was decent.

But the Guererro fight was absurd. I paid $600 for my ticket and although the view was good, it wasn't worth the money.

Unfortunately, it's going to be very pricey and no matter where you sit I think you're going to feel short changed. But all in all it's worth it.

I stayed at MGM Grand for the week and I met so many fighters and fight people just hanging around the MGM.

Was an amazing week to be honest. I'd definitely advise you to go.
  8. New England
    06-04-2013 08:04 PM
    New England
    i'm good as well, champ.

i'm going to try and go to mayweather - alvarez, and i was wondering a bit about the seating. i've looked at a chart and some still pictures of the arena, and it doesn't look like a huge place. is there anything you think i should know before i buy tickets? how are the views? i'm looking at the "upper and lower bowl" areas. it doesn't look like it's going to be a cheap weekend no matter where i sit
  9. IronDanHamza
    06-04-2013 07:49 PM
    IronDanHamza
    Hi mate. I'm all good thank you, how are you?

Yeah I've been quite a few times. I went to the Mayweather-Guererro fight last month.

Why do you ask?
  10. New England
    06-04-2013 07:46 PM
    New England
    what's up, homie?

have you ever been to the MGM grand?

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.