Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > madsweeney
Conversation Between madsweeney and Pretty Boy32
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. madsweeney
    11-23-2011 07:43 PM
    madsweeney
    I'm self-taught for most of my stuff. Did some college courses, did some trade school for certifications and stuff. College degree is good to have but you'll need certs/experience to go with it, keep that in mind.

Try to study linux on top of the Windows stuff. It'll help you with Mac admin (same stuff really) along with the versatility, it not that Macs are tough to work with, its just mixed environments can be annoying.

Its a fun job but I'm at a pretty lax company. Also remember, you'll always be in a support role, people only come to you when there's a problem so its not a glorious job but if you like helping people, its fulfilling. Having good communication (yes, those communication classes are important)/service skills are very good to have.
  2. Pretty Boy32
    11-23-2011 06:28 PM
    Pretty Boy32
    I see you said you are an IT Engineer. I'm actually going to college next year to do IT, I have a mac. I see you said Mac's where tough to work with, what would you recommend?
    Also do you like your job and how did you find college, tough?

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.