Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > D-MiZe
Conversation Between D-MiZe and Earl Hickey
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 20
  1. Earl Hickey
    01-05-2013 08:02 PM
    Earl Hickey
    And if you think what I'm saying is conspiracist nonsense, a quick check will show that ESB also owns that site that "Scott Gilfoid" writes for, the one that is constantly bashing every british fighter and bigging up Americans, that's a troll site, they do that for page views. This site does it too, just check for every Amir Khan "article" they post, it's always one controversial line out of an hour long interview.

They do it for page views and advertising revenue.

Honestly, the brits are the whipping boys of boxing. And it's all down to media spin.
  2. Earl Hickey
    01-05-2013 07:58 PM
    Earl Hickey
    The thing is, you may be scrutinizing a little too much imo.

I get tagged as a "bias brit" for saying things like Khan is a world class fighter. I mean come on, WTF?

All I say with Fury is that he's a good heavyweight in the current division, that's about it, apart from times when i'm obviously taking the piss.

This site is always FULL of Johnny come lately american fans, who buy into the american hype machine, fueled by the money at HBO, and publications like The Ring, and all the American press.

These are the sort of people who grant every american fighter who was ever any good an instant fantasy win over any British fighter who ever lived.

I'm not one of those, I'm unapologetic about it, maybe sometimes I go a little over the top, but I do not believe British fighters are inherently inferior, as 99% of the boxing press, and posters on sites like this, would have everyone believe.
  3. D-MiZe
    01-05-2013 06:36 PM
    D-MiZe
    Earl, if there's one thing you should know about me it's that I look at every British fighter objectively. I have no bias towards any British fighter as I scrutinize them as much as I can before they reach international level where other people will be wary of them.

Like I said in the thread, the fact Fury's opponent was Kevin Johnson nullifies anything you perceive of his quality at that level.
  4. Earl Hickey
    01-05-2013 06:19 PM
    Earl Hickey
    This guy here sums up my exact thoughts on Fury, and in fact the first minute of this video could be personally for you lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfAyv7J-cNk
  5. Earl Hickey
  6. Earl Hickey
    11-05-2012 07:08 PM
    Earl Hickey
  7. D-MiZe
    09-11-2012 09:37 AM
    D-MiZe
    ......why?
  8. D-MiZe
    09-11-2012 09:14 AM
    D-MiZe
    Plenty....
  9. Earl Hickey
    09-11-2012 09:00 AM
    Earl Hickey
    is there any british fighter what you like?
  10. Earl Hickey

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.