Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > mathed
Conversation Between mathed and .:: JSFD26 ::.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 14
  1. .:: JSFD26 ::.
    09-21-2012 09:05 PM
    .:: JSFD26 ::.
    Lol I'd hate for 2 of my fighters to be fighting each other. I can see Kell Brook fight happening but how many times do we see Arum saying "Im willing to do this and that" and nothing ever happens? Yea... I don't think the Guerrero fight would happen.
  2. mathed
    09-21-2012 09:01 PM
    mathed
    Either of those fights would be pretty good imo. I'd love the Guerrero fight more though, it'd be 3 of my favorite boxers, hard to pick one to win.
  3. .:: JSFD26 ::.
    09-21-2012 08:51 PM
    "Arum said he was also open to making a deal with Golden Boy for Bradley to face interim titlist Robert Guerrero. (That's a good fight, but don't hold your breath.) Another fighter Arum said he was open to matching Bradley with is British contender Kell Brook."

I found this from Dan Rafael.
  4. mathed
    08-17-2012 09:16 PM
    mathed
    Russell is not a ****y prick like Broner is. Gamboa is the real deal and Broner is just some guy people hope is the next Mayweather....ain't happening though.
  5. .:: JSFD26 ::.
    08-16-2012 10:29 PM
    Ive been telling my filipino friend about Donaire and his answer was always "no way." Few days after the Mathebula fight and calls me and tells me "you're right haha."

I just don't see what they see in Broner. Sure I hate the guy but I am not very impressed. They're mesmerized by his handspeed and philly shell. If someone says Russell Jr is a hype job they need to include Broner in there too then.
  6. mathed
    08-16-2012 10:23 PM
    mathed
    I haven't been impressed with Donaire's last couple fights TBH and Broner is a freaking scrub....I'd love for Gamboa to stomp a mudhole in his face.
  7. .:: JSFD26 ::.
    08-16-2012 10:14 PM
    Altho I don't agree with some of the stuff Khan does/say outside the ring I can't help but admire the guy's heart.

JuanMa...
    Called that hype job out and Mtagwa confirmed it for me. Salido put the stamp on it.

Donaire and Broner are next.
  8. mathed
    08-16-2012 10:08 PM
    mathed
    I don't want to keep bashing the guy, I mean I used to be a huge Khan supporter a few years ago before he came to the states. I thought he was going to be one of the greatest fighters in the world, top 5 p4p easily but he started to develop this super ego along the way.

I see the same kind of mentality in him that I saw in JuanMa, kind of like a pedestal type mentality. I guess some if it has to do with everyone around them telling them how great they were and then they get to the point where they just look past opponents onto the next big fight.
  9. .:: JSFD26 ::.
    08-16-2012 10:03 PM
    I can understand where you're coming from saying his best days are behind him but it's crazy (for me at least) to think a 25 year old's best days are behind him. Im not sure he was running from Prescott but not sure why he didn't rematched him either. Maybe thought he wasn't worth the risk? Probably not scared since he ended up fighting Maidana.

The guy has the hand speed and reach to easily outbox his opponents but you saw the video (I think) where Ruben tells him to box and he says it's boring... Ended up biting him in the ass vs Garcia huh? That night he had no one to blame but himself. Ruben had the right idea and Khan chose not to listen. Can't reach the top without a defense especially when you're as chinny as him.
  10. mathed
    08-16-2012 09:56 PM
    mathed
    I mean now days if you want to make it as a guy earning million dollar paydays, you can't afford to lose. The days of wars and the best just wanting to fight the best are pretty well a thing of the past - unfortunately.

I'll give Khan credit for never running away from an opponent (except Prescott) but I just can't help but think his best days are past him. Perhaps I'm wrong and only time will tell.....I do hope he lands some big fights again but he needs to realize that he can't reach the top without a defense.

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.