Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Go Back   Boxing Forum > mathed
Conversation Between mathed and ShoulderRoll
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 26
  1. mathed
    10-15-2012 09:16 PM
    Winning the Super 6 is a good accomplishment but when you break that in itself down, you see how it wasn't quite what people are making it out to be.

1. He fought almost every fight at home and was the only person to not have to go to the other man's back yard. No, it didn't give him a direct advantage but had it come down to a close SD type of fight, you better bet Ward would get the nod - it was a precautionary measure put in place.

2. Some of the wins came against guys that weren't even in the tourney to begin with. Allan Green and Sakio Bika? I mean a win is a win but you can't tell me that by beating those guys, you are in the running for P4P status.
  2. mathed
    10-15-2012 09:16 PM
    3. Every single person he beat already had a loss on their record coming into the fight with him. I toss that out there because he never took a prime undefeated man's perfect record away. When a person is undefeated, they fight on another level because they have never tasted defeat.

4. Chad Dawson was clearly weakened by fighting at 168. I know he invited Ward to accept that weight but it turns out that Ward would not budge on the weight issue at all, not even a compromise. That is fine but it does little in terms of making an argument for him being the best fighter in the world. Had he moved up to 175 and beat Dawson, then I'd be singing a completely different tune.
  3. mathed
    10-15-2012 09:15 PM
    I hate to sound so down on the guy but it comes off that way because of the degree to which the masses want to claim he is the best in the world. The Froch win was his best victory, I'll give him that. But when you consider the other fighters who have proven their skills in several different weight classes, fought all over the world, taken titles from champions in their own backyards, etc., I just can't put him over those guys. Is he a top 10 P4P fighter? I'll give him that but to say he has done more than Floyd or Pac has is a gross injustice to their accomplishments.
  4. ShoulderRoll
    10-15-2012 04:27 AM
    How are you going to say that Ward hasn't done anything, bro? Winning the Super 6 and defending his belt against Chad Dawson aren't exactly chopped liver.
  5. ShoulderRoll
    06-08-2012 09:56 PM
    Hey bro. 100 million points that Pac beats about it?
  6. mathed
    04-14-2012 07:43 PM
    I'll post up some other routines later tonight too. Some of the other ones I do involve weights and some involve a treadmill. Like I'll finish up my last round with a treadmill circuit....something like 0.1 miles at 5.0 mph, then go 0.2 miles at 7.5-8.0 mph, 0.1 miles at 5 mph, 0.2 miles at 7.5-8.0 mph.....then I'll repeat the same thing except I'll add in a 2% incline during the sprinting phase and flatten it back out during the jog (5.0 mph) phase. I'll do 5, 7.5, 5, 7.5 using inclines of 2, 3, 4% in that fashion to finish off a workout if i feel that I didn't push it enough.
  7. mathed
    04-14-2012 07:42 PM
    Yeah that is the typical way to do it but you could go more than that if you want to. You could add in additional rounds for up to as many as you want to do. The key is keeping up with the 20 seconds on and 10 seconds off schedule though.

You can buy a Tabata timer that will do that for you but I just use a clock on the wall. It doesn't seem like long, 20 minutes, but I swear by the time you are done, you are covered in sweat and pretty much out of breath (at least I am sometimes).
  8. ShoulderRoll
    04-14-2012 04:56 PM
    That's awesome, thanks for that. You only do the 4 rounds then you are done right?
  9. mathed
    04-14-2012 10:09 AM
    I tried to type one u but the profile page won't let you type more than 1600 characters.

Here is a link to one that I did on Tuesday night. Tuesday's workout

I'll type up some more and put them inmy betting thread so you can view them. You can do the Protocol with almost any type of exercise and it's quick, 20 minutes. If you do it every day, you will lose weight, quickly...and it will be virtually all fat loss. I do a lot of plyometrics in my routines and my legs are getting stronger as well
  10. ShoulderRoll
    04-14-2012 02:18 AM
    I appreciate it. Take your time and don't worry about typing them tonight, I'm in no hurry. Just curious.

Cookie Policy - Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2015 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.